yeti fro, new project ....now rebuilt....

Re: yeti fro, new project

Getting close now..

Because this will be having the manitou's, i didnt want to fit a stem that had the noodle.

This syncros stem was bought here on RB, and i think is perfect for what i want.

1990 yeti fro by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Rodrigues":3klfvro9 said:
Very much liking this......how far are you away from completion?

Hi mate, cheer's.

Im about to strip down with in the next week or two, so hopefully should be done before the end of feb, all being well....fingers crossed.

Martin

Update :

Because i am finding it impossible to find a red ringle seat skewer, the red ano wheel skewers will be going on another bike that does'nt require the seat skewer.
Instead ive been lucky to find a pair of used 'critical racing' skewers in silver, they came off ebay, fitted to a pair of campag wheels, they where battered & bruised, but after a bit of sanding and a good ammount of autosol, they have come out ok.., these go very nicely with the campag icarus canties, and go well with yeti's of this age, being one of the sponsors back in the day..

Update :

I had a bit of a panic the other day, although i had owned a set of manitou 1's some years ago, i had completely forgot they required a shim to fit onto the steerer tube for the fitment of the lower head set race..
I only discovered this when i came to trial fit them to the frame :facepalm:

After a bit of searching i could only find the shims in 1" or 1.1/8"....
Any way, i decided to email some one who made the mentioned sizes....., brilliant news, they where able to custom make one in 1.1/4" and anodize black for me at a very good price,

PS, ive posted a thread relating to these shims in the 'chat' section.. . A reply on that section informed me of a company called 'rampage' that also make them..

Trial fitment of shim proved perfect....

PPS. plus you can tell these forks didnt come of a yeti, buy the wear on the crown.. wish i could sort it.

manitou 1's shim by redfern1950s, on Flickr

manitou 1 suspension forks by redfern1950s, on Flickr

Re:

update on this build..

Although this bike has been put to one side , it will still be restored one day, but not using most of the parts mentioned earlier in this thread.
I will be using a few more bits from campagnolo, and no bright colours will be used, just keeping it simple, ' black & silver '

I think i need to replace the decals sooner.

Back