Clockwork, fond last look!

That's kind but I'll stick with the F14's for now.

Don't know why I have them, they came with the frame, very direct for single track, which to be honest is what I like.

I would like to replace them with some RC-30's but that will have to wait until after christmas now as my rampant XTR accumulation, plus getting the bike sprayed and buying the Mrs a new car has weakened my power somewhat :LOL:

I did have some RC-36 evo2's a few years ago on it but I've never liked long travel forks (over 1" ;) ), maybe some RC-35's but finding a mint pair would be a challange!

I have a frame coming , and it needs a re spray .

I just cannot decide which colour to go for .

Paint job

Quick Q Mr Sticklegs, where are you getting the paint done and did you manage to find any original decals?

Wanting to do the same project on mine.

Hey there! A little story to set the scene...

When I was but a nipper (actually in 1992/93) I was at school and used to visit my local cycle emporium to drool over a Orange Prestige with full XT that was for sale at the time. I could not afford it and for got about it.
Later when I was at 6th form I worked at another bike shop selling Raleigh and bought a Dyna Tech Quantum which I loved, but always had a soft spot for oranges. Finally bought a Clockwork in '98 but never liked the colour.

Eight years later I have sent the frame to Argos cycles in Bristol with a picture from a 1993 MBUK and the instruction to make mine look like the picture... They are making the sitckers too.

Will post the results in the next couple of weeks! Glad to hear someone is doing the same.

www.argoscycles.com

Hmmm, the plot thickens :)

I have a feeling i might be able to guess, but i wont.

looking forward to seeing it though.

Back