Sun 'Mist'

It's taken almost a year of looking at Sun Solo's and GT's on Ebay, but finally I've come across what looks like an original Sun 'Mist' built in worksop. And, it seems like the thing came with straight bars, so thats clears things up then . I'd better put the old ones back on :oops:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sun-Raleigh-t ... 5661434267

if anyone has a different opinion I'd love to hear it. Have to admit one of of the things I like about the bike was the bars so, why did I swap thing for drops? It sure has it own kind of personality :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Interesting thought Spokesmann, but I'm really hoping that there's someone out there who might like to take it on as a complete bike. After having a closer look at the bike, just seeing how much of it I could use :) , I noticed the frame colour, what I first thought was rather grotty seems to be a copper/gold colour and I reckon it'll come up lovely, reminds me of the colour of Jim's car in 'The Rockford Files' :roll: if only it was local.

I'm assuming that the hand brake levers on mine are not original? Although they look like (to me) the same as the ones on this one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUN-MIST-BIKE ... 35d2ac2689

not the most comfortable levers to use.

Thanks
Mike

Interesting how this machine has a typical Raleigh fork with the thimble type crown.

I'd be interested to know why the forks are 'typical Raleigh' they look identical to the ones on the bike i've posted but maybe the pics aren't the best quality. But probably it's me :)

Latest posts

Back