Turquoise, Loopstays... 1992 Mongoose IBOC Team

I started to rifle around the shed and found some more bits; a 1-1/4" A.TAC which I had no idea I owned, some Taperlite IIs (logos were scuffed badly so I polished them off), a random seatpost (Scott I think, not period, not staying), and pinched the Turbo off my track bike for a look.

Also tried my (NOS until now, ha!) Renthal RC130s on but I think they're the wrong blue/too blue.

Yeah its got the rigid fork back on it now...But I may put the manitou back on. Its a bit new for it really, would much rather a Manitou 1. Really all I need to complete is front derailleur (M900 34.9), some straddle wire holders, caliper mount bolts, a nice silver period seatpost (31.6) and I need to refurbish my Super Turbo saddle for it.

Getting closer to a final spec. Thinking about black syncros post, white refurbished Super Turbo saddle (also hopefully will have repro super turbo bumper decals soon). Dirty old turbo and scott post for mockup purposes. Apologies for dreadful image quality, currently restricted to internal camera of my phone.

IMG_20140304_192720.jpg

Beautiful bike, I love the dropouts and that toptube ! :cool: :)
Very unusual bit of kit, I almost missed this one.
Im glad I clicked on this link, look forward to the finished pic.

magicmistertea":e860iedx said:
Beautiful bike, I love the dropouts and that toptube ! :cool: :)
Very unusual bit of kit, I almost missed this one.
Im glad I clicked on this link, look forward to the finished pic.

+ 1 :cool:

Really cool bike! Another bike on my list of wants.

Now whrer have I seen one with a toblerone decal on the TT?

Now to rideable stage, not quite done yet. Sourced a set of cranks with intact logos, Syncros post, front derailleur and Planet-X pulley, Dia-Compe front brake cable stop (clears XTR top headset cup and allows cable to tuck under 0° A-TAC with ok routing, recommended!). Build is all M900 bar a more recent BB and M570 LX wheelset (to change).

52152_10152278036198354_5038823039940762918_o.jpg

photo11.jpg

Still needs a M900 seat QR (or similar), new set of M900 brake pads as front ones are too far gone, and some genuine shimano bolts for the rear brakes (smaller button heads with washers on now).
I have a Selle Italia Super Turbo being refinished in white with brand new decals under the bumpers which will go on, and I've bought some M900 hubs NOS to build a more period wheelset up for garage queen duties.

Superb! Bring back the Manitou 3's though. It doesn't matter they are not period correct, most forks were added by the owner and not OEM, so you always can say they were added a few years later.

Back