Night Burner

WD Pro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I shouldn't be asking, but I am ... :facepalm:

Any ideas where I can get specs for the night burner ? I had one back in the day and I have an itch to own another ...

I had an early one and (for my area) it was quite (very) rare - it was the only one I have seen in the flesh ! The popular burners around my way were red and yellow, blue and yellow and black and gold colour schemes.

Was it a good bike for the time / era ? I only picked it based on colour ... :LOL:

Any info / pictures apreciated :cool:

Anyone got one that they may part with ... ?

WD :D

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response - I have been doing some digging, getting my interest up ... :facepalm: :LOL:

First I asked mum as she keeps a Christmas book - but it only goes back to 87 ...

So I started checking pictures on the net. At first they weren't familiar, something not quite right with the seat, crank, decals and frame but I couldn't quite put my finger on it ...

Then I struck gold (or black and red :LOL:), it was a Mk1 night burner - the seat was right (traditional style, without the fin) the crank was right (no chain guard), the decals were as I remember and the frame had the loop stays - which triggered a memory of one of mine having a sharp edge :LOL:

It seems it was a late / second edition release in 83 (it was only in the late catalogue) and then the Mk2 came in 84 :D

Christmas 83 would have made me 8 so quite a cool gift - I remember seeing it in the car shop down the road from my Nan's and I just kept mithering for it ... :LOL:

I have found a few scans, as soon as I can get on a PC and post them up I will add them here :D

So, do I really need another project ... :? I do want one but justification is difficult - buy one now and have it refurbed in time for my 40 ... ?

Scans :

Mk1 Night Burner :

Mk1 Burner Spec :

Catalouge Adverts For Mk1 :

Catalouge Adverts For Mk2 :

Great I've got 8 years to rebuild my brother's Night Burner I was planning to present him it on his 50th birthday.
Its in bad shape, but I'll be reading your thread as a reference!

I found this pic to start! Its a mark one I think by the look of the frame holes at headset.
20.jpg

You wanna see the old beast :D
Jay

WD Pro":21xef9ky said:
I do want one but justification is difficult - buy one now and have it refurbed in time for my 40 ... ?

Are you only 33? :p :LOL:

I have a full cro-mo mk2 frame stripped in the loft which I am/was planning an Extra (special) Burner build with. Probably got most of the parts too I think. Not done much with it for a few years though, and seeing as I am 40 on thursday I think that deadline is missed. :oops: :LOL:

A word of warning about the Burner forums. A lot of these guys still think they are 10 years old given the behaviour of some of them. :facepalm: But some good information to be had, and some nice inspiration.

I don't know if this will help with justification, but given your normal high standards I would love to see you tackle a Burner. ;)

I noticed the night burner was a shade lighter 12kg odd.
Was this because it had spokes and not mag wheels? its lighter by 1kg except the mini burner which had smaller frame?

J

man, i had the mini night burner as a christmas pressie when i was V little. Looking forward to seeing you do another spectacular build thread WD

Back