1993 Grove Innovations Hardcore

agrove

Devout Dirtbag
Hey all,

It may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm sure some of you have heard of Grove Innovations. I would go into details on the company, but it could take up pages. At any rate - Bill Grove, being the creator of Grove Innovations, is my dad.

This hardcore frame has been lying around in the attic/shop since 1993. Never been built up, or abused. Other than the occasional scratch or chip from it being moved around so much.

Rody, as I'm sure most all of you know on these boards, has been long time friends with my dad. He came up just this past monday to help me put together this beast. Since we dont have hardly any components around, Rody has been SO nice as to supply us with everything other than the frame, bottom bracket, pedals, seat/seatpost, handlebar/grips, and the cables/cable housing.

Basically, he had a whole bunch of old parts lying around and offered to come up and teach me a thing or two about putting a bike together. Old, used parts or not, I couldn't be ANY happier with how the bike works, or looks!

At any rate, I'm sure if anyone else would like to know anything about the bike, or anything else at that, just ask!

Onto the pictures....
DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Hope I didn't get TOO picture crazy on all of you 56k'ers out there!

Thanks and ENJOY!
Aaron Grove

Aaron,

Hello & welcome!

Nice bike you have there. With the oversized frame, burly suspension forks and discs it pretty much looks like a nowadays mtb, except for that yours is made from real materials and was marketed by craftsmen instead of a stickercompany.

I am very busy building a Hard Core at the moment. You can view it here

Btw very Cool to have a bike named after your familyname :cool:

- Melvin

Thanks for all the comments everybodyy...

Melvin, it is VERY cool to have my dad be who he is. Ever since I can remember, I've been on a grove bike.

Your hardcore looks awesome, I've always loved those hardcore forks along with any grove bike.

agrove":2hsi2u5u said:
he had a whole bunch of old parts lying around

XT mechs, Cooks RSR cranks, Prostop (?) disc brake....

Wish I had those 'old parts' lying about :)

Another prostop front disk brake - I kinda like mine. Its pretty powerful and it gets a lot of looks...

Need some decals myself - any idea if anyone can get hold of an image? Gil could make them up if Im nice to him :)

jez-2-many-bikes - We actually MIGHT, just MIGHT, have a few old decals lying around. Which ones where you looking for??

russel - haha yeah, i love it soo much. it rides like a dream, and I couldnt ask for anything more.

WOW Aaron, the pics came out really nice...nothing compared to the original though :cool:

Glad that your expectations were met. I had a blast doing the build with you and look forward to playing on the trails as well as in the shop in the future. Keep wrenching and you can kiss the sub shop ADIOUS :D

Jez,

The Suspenders and Pro-stop on the Hardcore are a first generation production run...only a handful were made so it does not surprise me that yours differ a bit. As with all old forks, the elastomers were shot to heck so were replaced with Ti motorcycle suspension springs, making a much cushier ride ;)

Melvin,

Now, if you're going to put a squishy fork on a Hardcore, that's the fork to match the attitude of the frame :p

Good Job Aaron...glad we could pull you into the retro cult.

Oh, and Bill (if you are lurking), I'm kinda proud of you too :LOL:

cheers,

rody

Back