Breaking the Privateer OR

gradeAfailure

Senior Retro Guru
Due to an ongoing financial situation, the Bontrager is being broken and sold off... :( The parts from her are as follows:

Bontrager Privateer OR frame, 17", believed to be 1996, dark green with black/gold decals, paint is damaged and touched-up as you'd expect for its age, but no damage to tubes. Shimano BB (suits Deore LX M563 chainset) and Bontrager polished seatpost.

Pace RC36 Evo forks, freshly serviced from Pace, uncut 1" threadless steerer. For some reason the shim for the h/s race is too small but that will be sorted before posting.

Bontrager wheels, Weinmann BCX3 rims on Deore LX Parallax hubs, 8spd cassette, no tyres. Not buckled, rims in decent condition.

Ritchey CompLite 1" Aheadstem, polished, some scuffing, 135mm and 5deg rise.

Bontrager handlebar, black, not cut.

Deore XT M739 rear mech, long cage, good condition for age.

Deore LX M563 chainset, rings worn with age, slight scuffing to arms but still black.

Deore LX M563 front mech, top pull, not sure of diameter.

Shimano M737 SPD pedals, very scratched but still useable as far as I can tell.

Email or PM me with any offers, for individual parts or the bike as a whole.

Cheers...!

I should point out that the frame is 17" centre to centre, 19" centre to top of seat tube, in case that makes any difference? I'll measure the top tube tonight...

Worth a look, could you drop me some pics and an idea of price please...

tinbred.andy @tiscali .couk

cheers! :D

Could definately make use of some decent 1" forks... PM me if you've got an idea of how much you're after?

Okay, here's the pics - sorry about the bad light! I'll take better ones of the frame tomorrow afternoon in daylight.

The bar is 22" wide and 5deg bend, and looks to be uncut. The cranks have a little more wear to them superficially than I thought, but the tapers look ok. The stem has slight fading of the writing but only minimally. Top tube on the frame is 22" centre-to-centre.

Pics of the Pace forks - click here!

Attachments

• bar_1.jpg
    bar_1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,228
  • bar_2.jpg
    bar_2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,228
  • cranks.jpg
    cranks.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 2,228
  • frame_1.jpg
    frame_1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,228
And more...

Attachments

• frame_2.jpg
    frame_2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,226
  • mech.jpg
    mech.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 2,226
  • stem.jpg
    stem.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,226
Just a quick idea for size:
Its the same size as the one i bought off Gil. I'm 5'8"ish fits me fine :D
It does this bizare thing of looking way too big.......yet fits fine........still looks too big at times though ;)
Oh and they're lovely to ride :LOL:

Oh, and just to add - nothing wrong with the shim on the fork steerer; for some reason, the headset I bought has a 26.9mm crown race, not a 26.4mm (std 1" size, which the fork shim is...)

I was looking at the pics thinking ideal, but its gonna be too small for me :cry:

At 6' it just ain't gonna fit. Sorry dave.
Cheers.. good luck.

Back