Waddington Airshow

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just wondered if there are any military aviation fans on this forum and if anyone is going to Waddington Airshow this weekend, fingers crossed to see the return of the awsome Vulcan (if Mr CAA can issue a permit in time)!

Trevor.

I generally take the kids to leuchars air show but it missed it last year, can't remember why.

The vulcan is one of my favourite aircraft of all time.

Its about 2 miles from where I live :cool:

Went a couple of years ago, as I got VIP tickets from the Lincolnshire Echo newspaper for their tent and car park (our company spends a lot advertising with them......I'm not that important :LOL: ).

There is A LOT of air traffic at the moment!!!! Loads out when I was riding last night.

I'll probably watch from my back garden ;)

Nice one Pickle, so if I need to know about any incoming you can look out for me! Main arrivals days for the airshow are Thursday and Friday, you can go to where the viewing area is on the A15 and actually pay to get on to the base just to watch the aircraft arriving, but if you can see from your house, lucky you.

Trevor.

Just announced on BBC East Midlands that the Vulcan CAN fly to Waddington tomorrow! Yippee :LOL: !!! Might just be a static exhibit though owing to the fact it has not yet achieved a display authorisation :(

Trevor.

I saw a Vulcan fly at an airshow in north devon (i think ), magnificent beast!

Best aircraft at any airshow I have seen by far, the noise is awsome! It has not done an airshow since 92 when the RAF sold it off. Fast forward to 2008 and after millions has been spent she is almost ready to grace the airshow scene once again, cant wait.

Well, the Vulcan did a couple of laps over my house around 6pm and then flew off in the direction of Waddington.

Now got a few jets lapping overhead........

The Vulcan has been awarded both her permit to fly and her display authorisation today and can now display to the public for the first time in 15 years this weekend. Fan bloody tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trevor.

Back