Proflex 855 with a history?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've just bought a red Proflex 855 off Ebay and the owner tells me it has a history - it one of the first and was brought over from the USA and raced by one of the Grewal brothers, a world champion in his day...

I'm not sure about any of this and fortunately didn't pay extra for this history!!

Can any of you shed some light on this?

Rishi and Alexi I think. Rishi was 24 hour MTB endurance world champion and Alexi a roadie.

the only guy I know world champion on a Proflex was a dane guy . ( forgot his name but will come back to me ) .

Ranjeet Grewal was also a brother, and I think I remember his name from back in the day. Not sure he ever raced a pro flex though.

Rishi Grewal is an MTB'er but I think that he rides for Klein? Not sure about the Proflex connection.

proflex

Somewhere I have a whole bunch of Proflex PR stuff I got from Simon Burney, Djernis & Tim Gould's manager & team manager around '96.... will look through it for clues....

Rishi Grewal used to ride for GT in the early nineties (92 ish?) then on to Klein for late nineties i think. Don't know bout the proflex thing though...

Back