What would you do, dissatisfied ebay deal?

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
OK, quick synopsis.

An ebay seller had a set of cranks with a BIN, I mailed him and offered $19 below the BIN, he could even remove the pedals that came with them as I didn't want them and save on shipping. He agreed and said use the BIN and he would adjust the shipping, fair enough. Anyway 3 weeks later he ships the item, get my tracking number, and they arrive. Now I've mailed him 4 times during this period asking for my $19 with no response and reckon he took 3 weeks to post to circumvent paypal being involved which given the deal was struck by mail would be tenuous anyway. He also hasn't left any feedback for me which I also assume he's holding above my head and for the sake of $19 would probably just move on.

So should I bite the bullet and leave the poor feedback?

Email for a 5th time?

Can sellers still leave poor feedback for buyers who have done the same?

TBH I can't be bothered going through the ebay process for the sake of £8, but it does irk me a little.

Anyway any ideas, sorry if its a little longwinded, or say if you reckon I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

Thanks

I guess it all depends on the prices involved. Would you have bought it if the BIN was £8 higher?
I know you've been done, but is it worth the hassle?

the way I see it, you signed a contract the minute you clicked buy it now. It seems you were swayed to do so by the email discussion, but the fact stands that you signed to pay the price of the BIN.

For £8 i'd take it as a lesson learned and move on, if it were more I may be more inclined to fight it.

I had the same problem with my last purchase. Promissed to repay some of the postage. But never did. So I stopped e-mail. But I wont forget. Soon I will get a new e-bay a/c and then I will agree to buy an item from them and not pay :twisted: sweet revenge.

It's too late now but between clicking the Agree to Buy button and arranging payment there's an option to request an updated total from the seller - you should have had your $19 discount applied there. :)

Cheers folks, reckon its not worth the hassle and should take it on the chin, lesson learnt and all that. Won't be using the seller again though.

F*ck him, leave negative feedback ;)

He lied to get the sale, so leave feedback along the lines of 'Dishonest seller, buyers beware'. It's ambiguous enough to not get you in trouble with eBay and he can't retaliate.

Dishonest sellers should be rounded up and shot :evil:

Probably have to just suck it up- $19 is about 25p by current exchange rates :p ...........

Still, it is indeed the principle..............leave him negative feedback and some DogSh*t through his letterbox.

Back