Gary Fisher Marlin hacktastic low budget

Re: Gary Fisher Marlin hacktastic no budget

One muddy marlin today. But still rode really nicely.

Twas quite muddy in places

Just read the tread from the begining,What a great hack bike.

I have only one question, aimed at everyone and nobody

Whats the crack with Brown saddles, I get yellow or blue ones as apposed to sticking with black, but Brown never seems to jell with anything. :shock:

Am I just blinkered in my view, as I just don't understand why anyone would part with good iron to purchase one .......especially a Brookes :x

Coomber
I still think this is a great Hack bike, and even better for being covered in mud .. as any honest rig should be

Spud ©™

Thanks chap. Really nice to hear those comments.

Um.. The seat was free so I'll use that as an excuse! Got it with a subscription I think?

I think in a shop or online they look great but practically they don't go with anything like you say!

andyz said:
Looks nice, I wonder what tubing that is to give a 26.2 seatpost? Bit of an odd size?!

My Scott has the same size seat post , it's made out of Tange Ultimate Superlite tubing .
Nice work Coomber , I think the saddle looks cool actually , neutral because it doesn't go with anything . Maybe brown grips would go well with it though . Perhaps lay the bars down in some of that mud in the photos to get an impression of how it would look :LOL: :facepalm:
Good to see it being used in anger too BTW . I went out yesterday and got caked in mud too !
Mike

3 weeks off the bike through work and man flu. Road only tonight but was rough to say the least.. rain has left huge debris everywhere and pot holes galore from all the floods.

The roads are shocking at the moment , road riding on mtb still better than getting the road bike out . Wind has died down here now at last

Keep outa pot holes too mate . A friend of mine had a big accident when he rode through a puddle that had a big pot hole in :shock: b

Back