Sorry! Modern MOOTS alert.

stevek":22bazyal said:
I usually run 36:16 but I think 34:16 may be more suitable for me where I ride. I'll give it a go and if it's too spinny and doesn't work out I can put the 36t on it. It's a Surly steel unramped chainring and they last a loooong time.

Interesting....I know next to nothing about SS and am collecting parts for a build and was thinking 32:16....no idea if that would be good or bad but it seemed a good starting point?.

I guess trying it out on a fully geared bike would answer that one... :oops:

cchris2lou":22m5v8z4 said:
2 to 1 ratio is good to start .

Yep, I agree, that's where I started.

If it's hilly where you are you want to be riding up 'em and not walking. If you can gasp your way to the top without killing yourself then you've got it right and it will become easier as you get stronger :D That's how I did it anyway...

What are the forks like? Just ordered some special black sheep forks for my seven and am really interested in their ride, quality and stuff!

That is a beauty!!

Hi Pete, been using some V only Black Sheep Ti forks on the KK single speed for the past year or so and have found them to be very comfortable, of course they aren't as long as these on the MOOTS.

I'll let you know how this one rides after I manage to get out on it.

Cheers
Steve

I haven't weighed it, but picking up the KK ss which weighs 18lbs and then picking the Rigor up I can't detect any difference... that could be my judgement that's out though :LOL:

Just nicked the highly accurate :roll: bathroom scales and there's about a pound in it making the MOOTS slightly heavier. These scales over-read by the way - the Mrs told me so... :LOL:

Black Sheep Titanium Forks

Pete, pics of the Black Sheep ti forks. Excellent quality, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Of course they'll never damp like sussy forks but think of the savings in servicing costs and don't forget - you'll look 'rad'. *Joke*
:D

Attachments

• Black Sheep Forks (1) (Medium).JPG
    Black Sheep Forks (1) (Medium).JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,256
  • Black Sheep Forks (2) (Medium).JPG
    Black Sheep Forks (2) (Medium).JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,256
  • Black Sheep Forks (3) (Medium).JPG
    Black Sheep Forks (3) (Medium).JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,256
  • Black Sheep Forks (Medium).JPG
    Black Sheep Forks (Medium).JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 1,256
nice rig :)

is it just me? or does the front wheel look off to one side in the fork? IE closer to the non drive side?

Back