Bottom bracket length help please!!!

Russell

Old School Grand Master
Hi, I've got some Cook Bros CBR Cranks and need help with bottom bracket axle length.

I have a '93 Zaskar LE with a 73mm bb shell and I'm running 8spd at the back. The longest BB I can find is a 73-122.5, but I don't want to shell out my cash if its not going to be long enough.

Anyone dealt with this before or point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Cheers dude, SJS do have them and one is winging its way to me as I type. Fingers crossed its not too long!

Spot on!

9763795a2182998556b502142892l.jpg

Pics of final build when all the bits have arrived!!

Hey Simon! Thanks for that, they cleaned up really well. Match the rest of the bike a treat :)

i've got a set of sugino xd cranks and can't get the granny ring... any idea what bb i should be running?

if your cranks spin and the rings and crank arms don't hit the frame at any point, then the problem is more likely to be your front mech adjustment than your BB length, unless the chainset is spaced way out from the frame?

The arms should clear the chainstay with about 5mm to spare and your granny ring should be just in-board of your BB shell, and again, clearing the chainstay by a few mm.

What do you mean when you say 'cant get' the granny ring? Posting a pic might help diagnose the problem :)

hmm looking at the pics maybe the mech isn't quite parallel to the chainrings
the cranks certainly spin... been riding it for weeks, and to be honest the lack of granny ring hasn't been an issue... can get up most things on 36-30.. without standing up

Back