Bronson C

Thanks all :)

Afraid I still rely on the granny ring for some climbs. :oops:

The fox ctd shock seems fine to me, works well alongside the pikes. I know there's been a lot of issues with the ctd forks.

Got it a bit muddy today although the rain seemed to get rid of most of the lumps and left a mucky film over it.. All clean and re-lubed now :)
692370E0-918A-476F-A6AA-7D886C2A88E3_zpszrxtwy9c.jpg

Muddy is how its supposed to be. I still use the granny ring on really steep stuff no worries!! What kind of issues are people having with the CTD stuff? I was planning on replacing my RP23 with a Kashima Coat CTD.

As far as I was aware it was just the forks.

I've got no problems as yet with my kashima ctd. A friend has a 2013 orange five with the normal ctd shock and he's not mentioned any issue. :?

ChrisR":19nuatil said:
As far as I was aware it was just the forks.

I've got no problems as yet with my kashima ctd. A friend has a 2013 orange five with the normal ctd shock and he's not mentioned any issue. :?

it looks like a lot of people were having issues with the CTD settings not making much difference and the seals blowing out of the shock after about 50-100 miles. I dunno...I figure FOX stuff is top of the line im sure the 2014's have since had any issues sorted.

Schweeeeet build.... Love everything about that Chris, exactly what I would add to my SC fleet if I got the wifely approval.

Not sure I have 4.5 st to lose (awesome job!).... but there must be another way ....

Went to Coed y brenin on the 1st of Feb for #mtbmeetup that was arranged on twitter.

Found a couple of pics of me on the bronson :)

image_zpsbe6d3c27.jpg

image_zps2c799e3d.jpg

And this one while I was recovering with a nice warm

image_zpsd5e383c8.jpg

That's lovely. I really like the Bronson and there's not much d change about it other than losing the granny ring and getting the Reverb lever under the bars out of harms way (I'm paranoid about mine but it's survived almost a year now).

I've got an Invisiframe kit on my Rune and think it's well worth the money. There are a few bits that will need replacing soon due to crash damage / general wear and tear but it's better ruining that than my frame.

I went to CYB in Jan and loved it...I really enjoyed the Beast which had some great rocky bits as well as some nice flowing singletrack. It deals with the wet weather really well too and was empty when we went.

Back