10th Anniversary Clockwork

OrangeRetro":29aghf8v said:
Are you sure that this isn't just some marketing bloke coming up with something to write in the catalogue? :?

Don't think they were that cynical back then, but they were probably counting mid run changes like different cable stops and minor tubing alterations.
It's not unheard of for the smaller companies (and Orange were a small company compared to most) to make 'refinements' as and when.

Sizes

The strange thing is they made a 14 inch which isn't listed and a 15.5 not a 15 too :? it had a 14 in ctc seat tube! I have owned both a 15.5 and a 17 inch Clock with original paint and it had a longer head tube, I wondered if they changed the spec's as they chopped about with the Taiwanese production bases?

Re: Sizes

Wold Ranger":ii4oxtlc said:
The strange thing is they made a 14 inch which isn't listed and a 15.5 not a 15 too :? it had a 14 in ctc seat tube! I have owned both a 15.5 and a 17 inch Clock with original paint and it had a longer head tube, I wondered if they changed the spec's as they chopped about with the Taiwanese production bases?

Hmm, I'm starting to see some of the 16 revisions... I bet they did loads of adhoc sizes. I remember the first ever clockwork I saw.. it was a 15" circa 1992 and had a rocky mountain style frame :shock: The top tube met the seat tube below the seat stays.. so far below that the tange infinity sticker was above the top tube.. It was very cool, never seen one since though!

Back