Grove Hard Core frameset

Hi Rody,

:LOL: You should know how much fun I had when taking that pic

Status: I've cleaned the chainsuck area and some tiny spots under the downtube wit a dremel tool. With a converter I've created a stable underground for further treatment. With matching paint I already applied 3 layers. Will add a forth. Result will be that the touch up has about the same thickness as the powdercoating and is hardly visible.

Prepared some components too. I planned that when all pieces of the puzzle are there, I will make it a bike :D I hope within 1 or 2 months.

- Melvin

Melvin, it's just cruel to have fun at my expense :p

I'm building up a Hardcore for Bills son...Mountain Cycle Suspenders, Prostop disc and some odd parts. Should be done in the next two weeks, I'll send you a pic.

cheers,

rody

GROVES ROCK! SEND ONE MY WAY!

This sucks! seems like GROVE frames coming out of the woodwork & i dont own one! Think they are the nuts. Ive still got the new old stock HAMMERHEAD bar combo but i think it should be on a matching frame. Anyone selling a GROVE frame please, please let me know :D

Slimjoe,

What are you looking for...Hardcore, X (aren't we all :D ), Assault, Xtreme, Ti ?

I'm heading to the house of Grove this coming week, can't make any promises but you never know what's in the closet.

I do know of a BEAUTIFUL Ti bike...lots of cash though. Here's a pic

rody

Attachments

• Grove Innovations TI002.jpg
    Grove Innovations TI002.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 3,046
Grove frame

:D Hello Rody, id take any of the mentioned GROVES. I remember they were just pipedreams over here in the U.K.! I used to drool over them in old MBA magazines. Now the ti bike that is absolutely awesome mate. Let me know on the closet GROVES. And as the english say, cheers.

Melvin, What year is that hardcore?? Those decals look a lot different than the ones on mine now.

agrove":18djgqw1 said:
Melvin, What year is that hardcore?? Those decals look a lot different than the ones on mine now.

Year? I really don't know. Maybe Monster knows, as it was his bike? Will PM him.

Paint and decals are not original. It is powdercoated now and the durable finish makes it ideal for what I will use the bike for: Hard Core riding :twisted:

I think the people who tried to reproduce the decals did a proper job on them ...and if I ever opt for new ones I know were to find you or Rody :) When I acquired it I thought it would be cool to have it repainted in white, but when I saw it 'live' I realized paint is simply to good to have it repainted.

- Melvin

welll, the stickers themselves look pretty good, but mine doesnt have the grove sticker on the back or on the seat tube.

You're right.

The tube is fat enough to put there a decent, from a few meters well readable sticker on. Cool, isn't it ? :mrgreen:

I yesterday installed the Euclid headset and the XC Pro BB. I already noticed the Euclid cranks won't fit :( The rings build to much inward.

Status

Frame has been cleaned and touched up were needed. Paint has been waxed & inside frame is protected with FluidFilm.

- Euclid headset fitted
- XC Pro bb fitted

263051782_52e43ebbe2_b.jpg

263051784_2fd16228d2_b.jpg

263051785_a8af66a94b_b.jpg

I am now busy polishing my parts :D

- Melvin

Back