Clockwork Orange Build - update

Re: Clockwork Orange Build - update 6 February

highlandsflyer":b7v0v3rs said:
The paint is much closer to the original finish than some I have seen that 'pop' just a little too much.

Yeah the paint job is very close to the original as I have compared it to my prestige and other clockwork that have with original paint. :D

More photos to follow shortly :cool:

Daza

Nice!
Looks like GraphicShack might get my custom when it comes to having my Prestige renovated. Who's graphics are they (or is that a daft question)?

Hi,

Graphic shack are a company in Bristol / Bath that do bike respraying and decal work along with custom signs etc..

Gary the owner is very helpful and knows his craft. My frame took about six weeks over the Christmas and new year period and me arranging to pick it up. Sinnerman on retrobikes has had some frames done on the site if you want to check out some more pics. :D

www.graphicshack.co.uk

I am looking to have my prestige done when funds allow as I was pleased with the colour matching.

Daza

The sun popped out today to thought I would get a quick snap :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 477

Looking good!. I'm still regularly riding my 22 year old clockwork (black) but would love to refurb sometime. Can you state where you get your components from in your updates please, as I wouldn't know where to begin. Where did you get your Deore XT bits from btw?
I shall be glued to this post. Can't wait to see the finished bike :)

Thex_1138":1dmf1hu7 said:
Looking good!. I'm still regularly riding my 22 year old clockwork (black) but would love to refurb sometime. Can you state where you get your components from in your updates please, as I wouldn't know where to begin. Where did you get your Deore XT bits from btw?
I shall be glued to this post. Can't wait to see the finished bike :)

Most of the parts have come from a combination of eBay and RB. I decided that on this build I would take my time and get as many NOS parts as I could and have a good paint job done. So she would look like she had just come out of the factory. A couple of parts came from The Cycle Clinic like the crank bottom bracket and leavers.

Also I think you can sometimes pick up some excellent donor bikes. Check out my Italian Job post!

I will pm you a pic of my black orange clockwork to give you some more impersation.. :roll:

I was hoping to have had the bike completed last week but unfortunately work commitments have got in the way :facepalm: so will post the last few pictures of parts when I get a bit of time.

All the best Daza

Excellent, thanks for the info Daza!. You're doing exactly what I want to do in keeping the bike as original as possible. Looking forward to seeing your black clockwork and the final instalment of the classic.

Will check your Italian Job post in the meantime. :)

Cheers

Chris

I have managed to grab a few hours today to work on the bike. It feels like such a long time as work / life stuff has been taking up to much of my time. :facepalm:

I have found the last few bits to finish off the build so hope to have it finished soon. :roll:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg