94 Kona Kilauea - Singlespeed, Retroish....

Cass

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here's my newly finished Kilaeua single speed, bought the frame from Yo-Eddy for £40 and had it refreshed at Argos with custom chrome style decals from Gil_m.

Frame: 94 Kilauea, project 2 forks
Bars: Syncros Gorilla
Stem: 3T Forge Ahead.
Brakes: Paul Love Levers and Motolite V-Brakes
Seatpost: Nitto Jaguar
Saddle: Charge Spoon
Wheels, Mavic XC717s with White Eno Eccentric and white front hub
Chainset: Suntour XC Comp MD.
Pedals: Suntour XC pro GG
Bottom Bracket: Syncros Ti.

Rides lovely, I've only used for the commute so far, but fully intend on getting it dirty as it is a lot of fun. Hope you like. I do. :D

Attachments

• Kilauea1.jpg
    Kilauea1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 2,366
Nice! What size is the Syncros BB (spindle length)? Was thinking about looking for one for my 94 Kilauea Single Speed project.

Trevor.

Nice one, very clean and simple, I noticed something, did you have all the cable stops taken off and put an extra one on top tube to run v-brakes on rear? btw I like it alot, it's light aswell?

Thanks for the comments...

Little Bob - Yes, it's a charge spoon, I like it, it's the first one I've used, pretty comfortable and looks great, cheap too, what more could you ask for.

Thorpie - It was advertsied as 109mm, that doesn't seem to measure up though, unless I'm measuring it wrong, But it gives a pretty straight chainline with the chainring on the middle of the chainset.

guybe - Yes I had argos remove all the cable stops and put some new ones in for the Rear V-brake, I also had it moved to the other side of the top tube and reveresed the cable guide on the rear brake, you can run them either side with Paul's V-Brakes, makes the cable run nice and tidy.

The paint finish is really lovely, Argos used their tougher paint and it's a satin black finish, they filled a couple of dents and removed all the cable stops, filled in all the pannier and mudguard holes for a really clean look.

Back