kona lava dome- dirty

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Thought I would post a picture of the kona post ride and mucky.

Think the Kona might be a better ride than the clockwork :roll: which really pains me to say but the handling is just a bit sharper and I seem to be able to get more air :?:

Attachments

• DSC04702 (Large).JPG
    DSC04702 (Large).JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,111
clockworkgazz":27zh6c12 said:
Think the Kona might be a better ride than the clockwork :roll: which really pains me to say but the handling is just a bit sharper and I seem to be able to get more air :?:

'lavadomegazz' doesn't sound right, so try not to favour it too much... :D

Nice looking lava dome though ;)

Thanks for the complement Orangeretro, loving my purple bike :D

Mind you, your first love is always the sweetest and the clockwork is the perfect fusion of form and function (IMHO), so will always be my fav. no danger.

However I can now understand why there are so many kona devotee's on here, nice bikes to ride on the trails. ;)

clockworkgazz":1ciuucjq said:
Thanks for the complement Orangeretro, loving my purple bike :D
Mind you, your first love is always the sweetest and the clockwork is the perfect fusion of form and function (IMHO), so will always be my fav. no danger.
However I can now understand why there are so many kona devotee's on here, nice bikes to ride on the trails. ;)
They're both great, but IMPO as rigid bikes go, my 95 C16R is (even) more fun than my 97 Lava Dome. And the frame is half a pound lighter.

But the superb F7 fork is so short that swopping to suspension ruins the handling for many people. So overall I think the Konas are better as suspension bikes, especially the high-end ones, mainly because Orange dropped the Prestige before they got round to sorting their geometry for suspension.

Very nice Gaz mate :cool:

Makes me want to try rigid.......having strange thoughts about flogging the LTS (would never sell the RTS, she was flawless at MM, didnt even get the LTS out of the car :shock: )

PS: So thats where that bloody saddles gone...... :roll:

Pickle":386p4x8o said:
Very nice Gaz mate :cool:

Makes me want to try rigid.......having strange thoughts about flogging the LTS (would never sell the RTS, she was flawless at MM, didnt even get the LTS out of the car :shock: )

Funny that, never thought i'd part with my LTS but since riding my Clockwork (my first rigid steel bike), i've considered it.

Got an E3 on the way, that'll be rigid too :LOL:

Nice looking Kona Gazz ;)

May take a while Gazz due to the state of the wallet :roll: , though that will probably change once i get my sticky mits on it,
i'll be seeing what household items i can flog :LOL:

Clockwork will stay in one piece though ;)

Back