GT Psyclone Purchase

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Following on from my Wanted post, I've tracked down the dude from STW who has a repainted/stickered [Argos] GT Psyclone.. The thing is, now that I've seen it, I'm not sure.. :roll:

The stickers just don't look too good/authentic and.. it's V-brake..

I know it would ride great, and maybe that's the most important bit, and it's the last of the truely glory days of GT.. 853 composition.. Triple triangle.. Beautiful welds.. Plus it would look grrreat matched with my immaculate '98 SIDs I have under my desk here..

It's just those stickers I think..

Am I being too choosey?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,363
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 3,363
I know its not the real original paintjob but that paint does look sooooo good. You could just remove the stickers if they havent lacquered over them...

jez-2-many-bikes":1wr891qe said:
just remove the stickers if they havent lacquered over them...

I've emailed him to ask about the stickers.. It is a crackin' paintjob eh..

I've already started the hunt for a GT build.. Got some 36H Ritchey Vantage rims and have my eye on these :D Going to go M900 gruppo I reckon..

Did a Google on "GT Psyclone".. Check this out :shock:

94psyclone_lg.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
that was on ebay the same time as some crappy trimble .

I chose to forget about it and bid on the trimble that went for over 1200 dollars :shock:

So I really regret missing out on that GT :(

kingroon":1wvt33vw said:
and.. it's V-brake..
Isn't that ring of the rear of the seat tube where the cable hanger attaches for canti's? It attached with a chain ring bolt from memory. ;)

think he means v as opposed to u...
i want a proper gt with the steel or ti frame and the u brake

Email confirmation: Stickers are under the lacquer :?

He wants GBP150 for it, which is a bit steep, but if he wraps it nicely.. :D

It seems GT frames are pretty hard to come by.. No sign of any 18" Avalanches [steel] out there.. Got sniped on a NOS Cyclone* a coupla weeks back on US Ebay..

Will update when I've negotiated a price on this frame for sure.. :cool:

* Why did GT use different spellings of Cyclone/Psyclone?

Righto.. I've got it!! Negotiated a good price and he threw in an XTR front mech and a Ti 'bar.. :D

Have changed tack, and inkeeping with it's 1998 heritage, I'm going M952.. :cool:

Does anyone know where I can find the 98 Catalogue for original spec etc.? I've searched the Mag & Scans section to no avail..

All built up, I was thinking I'll put the Disk Drive on it Jez.. Awww.. Noice.. Royal noice..

£150 (or less) is a nice buy for a fillet brazed steel frame. Not too sure about the decals either but you could always ride it then get it resprayed! IIRC the psyclone was only available as a frame, try this link for the catalogue.

M952 XTR is a fine choice for the build.

Used to work for GT in a roundabout sort of way, owned a lot over the years. The psyclone, xizang and maybe sts are the only ones I'd care to own.

Back