10th Anniversary Clockwork

OrangeRetro

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here's a few pics of the latest Orange to join the OrangeRetro collection..

I managed to bag this well used clockwork of ebay for a very reasonable sum of money, and I reckon its a keeper. Its a bit of a mess but I will be slowly restoring as and when I get the time.

I've started by swapping the Supercross risers that came with it for some HotRod 2's, changed the back wheel as the original was passed its sell by, the freewheel was stuffed on the original Ritchey hub. To finish it of I've lobbed on some conti tyres that I had hanging around. The rest of it is suprisingly original, although it is all low end stuff, STX RC and Alivio.. :shock: Nice of Orange to lavish the last of the clockworks with such nice components.. :roll:

The bad news is that the paintwork is pretty bad. Its badly chipped on the top tube.. see the photos, and there are quite a few chips down to bare metal.. :( I haven't yet decided the course of action, but rest assured, if it is refinished it will be exacatly the same colour! That flouro shade of orange is mad!! :D

Heres the money shots...

Attachments

• CW4.jpg
    CW4.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,942
  • CW3.jpg
    CW3.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,942
  • CW2.jpg
    CW2.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 1,942
  • CW1.jpg
    CW1.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,942
that looks like a nice bike, what on earth would cause that on the top tube :shock:

Bike will look great when you get her fixed up, how does she ride?

She is a looker in a battered, used kind of way. You gotta love um. :cool:

I'm trying to negotiate a 10th anniversary frame off a mate at the moment. His has matching fluro orange V brakes and levers. I think he should still have the little pots of touch up paint too. :D

Just got to persuade him he wants to swap it for a nice Proflex frame set. :)

clockworkgazz":37ruu88p said:
that looks like a nice bike, what on earth would cause that on the top tube :shock:

Bike will look great when you get her fixed up, how does she ride?

I'm not sure how the damage to paintwork has been caused, all I know is that it has been well used. It looks like its been done on purpose, somehow :shock: :roll:

She rides kind of OK, no brakes to speak of and the gears aren't indexed yet, so a short hairy ride around the garden is as far as its gone so far. It weighs a ton :shock: ... I'm use to my P7, which is sooo light though!

The Rockshox Jett things are rubbish, I'm tempted to rip my Pace RC36 Pro class 2's of my inbred and stick them on it.... :twisted:

cherrybomb":xiyfk5ob said:
She is a looker in a battered, used kind of way. You gotta love um. :cool:

I'm trying to negotiate a 10th anniversary frame off a mate at the moment. His has matching fluro orange V brakes and levers. I think he should still have the little pots of touch up paint too. :D

Just got to persuade him he wants to swap it for a nice Proflex frame set. :)

I've been reliably informed that halfords can match any colour and stick it in an aerosol for you... so getting the paint shouldn't be an issue... I've got quite good at spraying stuff (wait for the Kula.. shes looking box fresh).. but its the orange to white fade that is bothering me. I would need to learn the art of airbrushing.. or just sod it and send it off to Argos?!?!?! ;)

clockworkgazz":1s3hbf4i said:
swap those forks, go on go on go on go on go on...... :roll:

Hmmm, need something to put on the on-one first and those Jett's are going no where near it..

I've also measured the fork legs and I reckon the RC36's will jack up the front end about 4cm.. :shock: That may just ruin the geometry..

Back