Recovered saddle

Just type 'leather offcuts' 'leather remnants' in ebay mate,theres lots of bits,to cover a flite youll need roughly 13" x 8" piece.

The mould wasnt really mouldy just coloured the foam black from the old leather colouring

andy.l":367qxm49 said:
Just type 'leather offcuts' 'leather remnants' in ebay mate,theres lots of bits,to cover a flite youll need roughly 13" x 8" piece.

The mould wasnt really mouldy just coloured the foam black from the old leather colouring

cool, thanks :)
you mentioned spray glue, which glue exactly? sorry for 20 questions, but I also want to try this! :)

Something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/500ML-HEAVY-DUTY- ... 286.c0.m14

You can buy it from hardware stores too and of course carpet shops,dont buy spray mount or photo mount stuff as its pants and will come unstuck,spray generously over saddle,it will come out like spidermans web slinger,lol,let it go sticky for about 45secs-1min then stretch the leather over working from the centre of the saddle to the edges,when you have about 3/4" left to tuck under the seat spray some extra onto the back of the leather allow to go sticky again then fold under,try to keep your fingers away from the top surface as youre bound to get bits of glue on your fingers,its easier than it sounds really ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
how about evo stick i use that retrimming car bits itll never come off and you can stretch it round contours nicely ill have a go and post results.

andy.l":1onkstqm said:
Something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/500ML-HEAVY-DUTY- ... 286.c0.m14

You can buy it from hardware stores too and of course carpet shops,dont buy spray mount or photo mount stuff as its pants and will come unstuck,spray generously over saddle,it will come out like spidermans web slinger,lol,let it go sticky for about 45secs-1min then stretch the leather over working from the centre of the saddle to the edges,when you have about 3/4" left to tuck under the seat spray some extra onto the back of the leather allow to go sticky agin then fold under,try to keep your fingers away from the top surface as youre bound to get bits of glue on your fingers,its easier than it sounds really ;)

cool, thanks :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice job.

Something I've been doing for years is to strip off all the old foam, and just ride the plastic shell. It's surprisingly comfortable, especially now I've developed a soft layer of padding on my rear...

I used to do this years ago - evostick works well and I used to use bulldog clips to hold the edges down while the glue dried.

Sandpaper off the old glue etc and if possible use upholstory leather because it's very hard wearing.

Other options we used were... jumble sale leather jacket, car seat leather, handbag leather with a lovely crockadile type effect... looked awesome.

I haven't done it for years though - kevlar patches and other gubbins on modern saddles tend to mean they die of more than simple leather failure - bit of a shame really.

Latest posts

Back