1992 GT Avalanche "Dry Ice" (101 Dalmations)

Great rich, you seem to have 'taken' to this one. I can see why, it's a proper GT with interesting and useful items of innovation. The cranks are great! i'm also fond of sugino cranks as they have a good finish without much elbow grease.

Hope to see it again soon. :cool:

Thanks chaps
marc two tone":21fs8wdi said:
Great rich, you seem to have 'taken' to this one. I can see why, it's a proper GT with interesting and useful items of innovation. The cranks are great! i'm also fond of sugino cranks as they have a good finish without much elbow grease.

Hope to see it again soon. :cool:
You won't see it at the Holme valley ride Marc, although Chris V40 has said he'll be able to bring a part for me, I'm missing my Kawasaki so I'm going to drag that out of the man cave instead. Might bring the Avalanche to the Peaks ride though, before I "Winterise" it.

ive just picked up one of these frames and im puzzled as to what the screws in the rear drop out are for, any ideas?

They are used to adjust the position of the axle within the dropouts. Apparently you are somewhat younger, in the good ol' days before vertical dropouts this was the standard. Do not remove the srews as the dropouts tend to crack without them.

its the rear im talking about and they are vertical? it makes sense for the front but the front dosen't have screws. I cant see the rear having that much room for any adjustment.
I had an outpost of the same year when left school, will give you some idea how old I am :)

Ah, okay, vertical srews. Thought you were talking aboiut the fork where the 2x4 fork has "kind of rear" dropouts.
Well, the screws in the vertical dropouts in the rear are somewhat odd and were only seen for a few years. Make sure you retreat the screw so the end is in line with the curve of the dropouts to have the axle fit snugly into the dropouts. I had a few instances where these dropouts cracked because of impacts coming in via the screws. Fixing this: Put a plug into the screwhole and weld it.
By the way: Built in '67
Cheers!

cleiende

Latest posts

Back