Anyone Else Wear Glasses?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Its new sunglasses time. For years I have had a pair of Bolles that accept a prescription insert. These are now so scratched as to be dangerous, especially when driving. What does everyone else use?

MadCowKev":1oj91are said:
Contact lenses.

I know I couldn't do it. If anything is going to turn me from a mild mannered janitor into a raving loon its something going into my eyes. I could probably get away with standard sunglasses but just don't feel I need any extra help falling off these days!

A pair of Bolles that accept a prescription insert................ :p

Luckily got extra lenses at the time, too.

Do they still make them? Had a quick look on the web and couldn't find any. I know Oakley make them to order, but you just know they ain't going to be cheap!

It may be going down the cheaper route but Tesco do a set of sport sunnies which take prescription inserts. They look like Bolles too, sort of.

xizang":mb01qi0k said:
It may be going down the cheaper route but Tesco do a set of sport sunnies which take prescription inserts. They look like Bolles too, sort of.

Cheers, I'll give it a go if I can fight my way through all the people buying cheap chicken! Didn't want to spend a fortune anyway. Last time I had a pair of Oakleys (Blades) I head butted a car (stitch you pal) at speed and snapped them!

Have always worn just normal glasses, which I have put up with, including having to clean all the sweat off every few miles.

Will be going down the contacts route asap.

i have prescription oakleys they are fantastic had them 4 years and i reall dont look after them! not one scratch the lenses are really robust better than the std lenses they were a little over £250 so not bad in the scheme of things! they are twenty x model great for cycling too.

Back