Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

I had a Tuff Trax in the mid/late 80s.

Remember U barkes?

Under the chainstays?

Superb stopping power!!!

Appalling mud clogging properties though.

U brakes disappeared yet they would have been great on tourers and tandems. Road bikes too even.

On MTBs though they were a disaster, but us cycle couriers loved 'em too.

Loved my 80s Saracen, rode like a dream, stopped in a nano-second, but it wore out too soon.

Love these threads.

There's quite a few U brake saracen's on here. Have a look in the readers bikes section...

Welcome to the site by the way!

Another day another completed Saracen in my ever expanding collection. This on brings the score to ten currently complete with another six that need completing.

This one is a 1991 Trekker Hydrotech.

91_Trekker-Hydrotech-01.jpg

Loads more info and pictures here: --> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=276911

Hi all,

New to the site - stumbled across it while looking for ideas to turn my Dad's 1991 Tufftrax extreme into a commuter.

This bike has a bit of a story behind it.. The company my Dad worked for did some design work for Saracen in the 90s. Most likely responsible for those crazy decals!

Anyway, after the job was finished Saracen gave them the bikes they used for the prototype decals. The company then had a raffle to see who would keep them. My Dad won this one and barely ever used it. Just been stored in a shed ever since.

Here's pic of it in original condition - I had just removed the reflectors (on the floor)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 253
Was hardly used, he had another bike at the time but still loved how this one rode so could never bring himself to sell it.

Have taken the FJNs off and put some slicks on for now as will mainly be used on road.

Got a new saddle and just need to sort the pedals out and good to go. Gonna keep all the original parts though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 246
Back