Hi & RC35 help please

mik0312

Dirt Disciple
Wow, what can I say? What a fantastic site!!!
There was me thinking I was a sad loaner in the mad bad world of manufacturer driven upgrades when I stumble across this site.

I hope I can add some worth to the forums in future and hope someone can help me with my project?

I’m re-building my freshly poweder coated ‘91’ Clockwork in a semi retro way –
I’ve got a set of Onza HO canti’s to fit, a bunch of old XT as well as a set of Middleburn RS1 cranks.

My 3 questions are
1. I know Orange provide replacement Decals, does anyone know if they go back as far as 91 Clockworks? And if not what would suit my classic Orange/White colour?
2. I’ve also got a pair of Pace RC35 MXCD’s to fit, any idea if I can source a set of Elastomers?
3. My USE Ti seatpost needs a Logo sticker – any ideas?

I’ll post some images as soon as I start to re-build.

Welcome! I am having my '98 clockwork resprayed by Argos in Bristol. They are making me some '93 Orange stickers for it so they should be able to do some for you. www.argoscycles.co.uk or .com I can't remember.

Also go to your local signwriters, (see yellow pages) and ask for the word Orange in Times new roman font (105 point on word) and Clockwork (90 Point on word) to be laser cut from vynil. Cheap and effective! ;)

here's mine...

Attachments

• 07-09-06_1236.jpg
    07-09-06_1236.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 4,116
Thanks for the Fonts - My father in-law has a vinyl cutting printer type thing at work so I'll get him to knock some up and see how they come out.

If it all works out maybee he can offer the service to Forum members - I'll keep you posted.

Welcome on board!!

If your looking for decals Gil@ the cycleshed does a great job. Think he has done many repros on here.

looking at this the other day ,

if someone can give me the original dimensions of the elastomers in the rc35 , i may be able to get some from the proflex elastomer guy

got a good match for the mani 1 and 2

anyone ?

the RC35's are a progressive fork and there are 3 different weights of elastomers inside it... Slim, I do have some spare elastomers (not enough to rebuild a fork though) im happy to post you one, see if your rubber guy can do something...

Pace still flog the elastomers and can do a full service including new elastomers, wipers and decals.... cant remeber how much it was, not cheap, but you do get your fork back in pretty much 'as new' condition... something ive been threatening to have done to my RC35 MXDH's :)

Just had a realy friendly e-mail back (as always) from Dom at Pace customer services - they do a complete set of Elastomers inc. the top out ones for £30.00 - a bit pricey so it may be worth looking into alternatives SLIM. They also ofered me a printed manual FOC for a stamped addressed envelope. This sort of service is why I went with Pace and Orange for that matter all those years ago :D

Any chance of making a pdf of the mxcd manual and posting it on the site? Guess there's quite a few of us on here with these forks and an online source for servicing would be pretty useful...?

Any chance of making a pdf of the mxcd manual and posting it on the site? Guess there's quite a few of us on here with these forks and an online source for servicing would be pretty useful...?

BoyBurning":1huyughc said:

No problem at all - as soon as it lands I'll get it posted.

Back