Rocky Mountain "Syncros" Expérience (COMPLETED)

Re: Rocky Mountain "Syncros" Expérience

thx for your comments/compliment. i'll be "updating" again soon. :facepalm:

but only out of necessity. the bb axle length that is spec'd for the cranks is supposed to be 107mm. but because of the short wheelbase, if i'm in granny gear, the front mech cage is rubbing against the outer edge of the rear tyre nobbies when i make a turn. so i'll have to swap in another Syncros Ti bb with 113mm axle to hopefully clear that problem.

while i'm at it, i will prob make a few minor tweaks as well to shift some Syncros gear from this bike to yet another RM project by subbing in with other Syncros replacements. over-all it will pretty much remain the same, as i love it the way it is.

ever changing, ever evolving with me. :roll:

RockiMtn":tyvffwbt said:
ever changing, ever evolving with me. :roll:

I didn't say it before but the bike is beautiful. Tell me about what you are using for the fork caps there? Looks good.

I know what you mean about ever changing, I had this plague till I stopped collecting road bikes and settled on a few keeps and the rule is if one comes in that is of the same vintage/purpose, the other one must go. I don't actively look anymore. However, I decided I should have one vintage MTB and now have three project frames in the basement with an ever expanding pile of parts I need to decide how to divide amoungst them.

PS. do you have any spare crank-o-matic washers?

oh, that particular fork is no longer on the bike. :roll: but instead a set with proper fork end caps. see what i mean! :LOL:

but the caps were a set of Hope "Grip Doctor" bar end plugs, in blue, which i was gonna polish to silver.

hope-grip-doctor-bar-end-plugs-blue-563-p%5Bekm%5D300x157%5Bekm%5D.jpg

sorry, no spare COM washers. i would think those would be the first to get lost/trashed. :|

RockiMtn":1b5xtmf7 said:
oh, that particular fork is no longer on the bike. :roll: but instead a set with proper fork end caps. see what i mean! :LOL:

but the caps were a set of Hope "Grip Doctor" bar end plugs, in blue, which i was gonna polish to silver.

hope-grip-doctor-bar-end-plugs-blue-563-p%5Bekm%5D300x157%5Bekm%5D.jpg

sorry, no spare COM washers. i would think those would be the first to get lost/trashed. :|

ahh cool.

RE: COMs. I am talking about the brass washers. I should be able to find a substitute somewhere... local hardware store struck out but I live in a pretty remote area so selection is limited.

That is a badass build with the raw satin alum frame and black Syncros and XT bits. Beautiful...which is something I wouldn't have said a couple months ago (before I started gawking around this site and paying some attention to my Hammer). These RM's can get rather addictive.

Latest posts

Back