'95 Bontrager Privateer , NOW FINISHED ! ! !

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks ,

Just wanted to share with you the beginnings of my newest project , a Bontrager Privateer . Believed to be a '95 model from Jonnyboy666 from whom I bought it , I couldn't resist it with it's new paint . Even in battleship grey , HMS Bonty looks cool , and I've got a picture in my head of how I want her to look . Aren't all battleships female ? :LOL:
She is not going to have expensive parts hanging from her , just a ( hopefully ) simple , elegant workhorse that I'll be having fun on for many an hour .
Just the one photo for now , of how I got it , sorry , her !

Anyway , must go now . Seeking bits and bobs . Will update as things arrive .

Hope you have a good weekend , one and all .

Mike ;)

Attachments

• B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 4,371
Re: '95 Bontrager Privateer

Nice mike. Tempted on this myself so glad it arrived back on the forum.

What forks are you thinking?

cherrybomb":g7k0tpzo said:
That's nice. :cool:

Thanks buddy ;)

coomber":g7k0tpzo said:
Nice mike. Tempted on this myself so glad it arrived back on the forum.

What forks are you thinking?

Thanks mate

I have some Orange split crown rigids , and a pair of Judys winging their way to me as we speak
:cool:

well done Mike, looking forward to seeing it out on a ride or 4 ;)

Cheers Max ,

If you buy me cake , I may even let you see the front of it too !

BTW are you going to the jumble next week , and did you sort out a bike for Mrs Max ?

Mike

haha, i might be able to stretch to some cakey naughtiness ;)

yes I am, and we did..it's a 12" scott (courtesy of rosstheboss) that almost fitted the bill, save a too short seat post which is why I think her knees went again. Time will heal and we will try again with some coke can shims

Good to hear it , about the cake and bike that is . Those Scott bikes seem to fly up hills so I'm told :LOL: ;)
Pity H got injured again though :(
Gives you time to sort her bike out I guess . What size seatpost do you need fella ?

that Scott runs a 26.8, Ross has a 26.4 which I figured we could slide the coke can around and get something a little longer than the 280mm that it was supplied with

Not sure if I have one of those . I'll have a rummage in the loft for one when I get home brother

Back