Demon Frameworks mtb, pro pics on page 14! update 25/12/21

i don't usually ride the Demon when it's horrible weather, i have (several) winter bikes for that but i just fancied riding it so today of i went on my usual training ride.

there was a diversion, i knew it went through a stream, with recent weather though it wasn't a stream anymore, usually it's about 6-8 inches deep, i guessed it was maybe 12 inches deep, er . . . . no . . . more like above the wheels!! :shock: :LOL:

the current was so strong in the middle i had to get off!! :LOL:

got the guts of the rides mud off it though!

IMG_1933 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_1934 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_1935 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_1937 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Exquisite..
Just read the entire story behind this stunning bike. Tom sums it up himself when he speaks of his passions for the, to some, disparate elements which conspire to make the frames he builds.
Congratulations to the OP for commissioning this piece of functional art :cool: . And using it - the Alpe d'Heuz descent vid was excellent..
Love the Pace-esque rear triangle, the finish and that outstanding set of lugs strengthening the front end both physically and visually.
The number of the beast..

Al

holy thread resurrection Batman!!

thought i'd update this thread!

the bike is 10 years old now! i recently haven't ridden it as much, but that's because i started my shop and felt that i should be riding the bikes i sell, especially if i am gonna be in photos etc. but anyway i have done a bunch of upgrades to the bike over the last several years.

first thing was i converted the bike to 27.5 wheels, the rear fitted so i fitted a 27.5 fork and rebuilt the wheels on Halo rims, cut to last year and i converted in to 2x12, i would have preferred 1x12 but i couldn't do that as the unused cable stops for the front mech would drive me mental!! so 2x12 it is!

also, fitted a 10mm shorter stem and a renthal bar with a bit more rise

then today i finally upgraded the brakes to Hope Tech3 X2, i like those levers as opposed to the new XCR version

anyway here's a couple of pics

demon new.jpg
demon new2.jpg

Back