legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm hooked!

I cant help it... my poor MTB projects are gathering dust as I enjoy the fruits of narrow tyres, a curt nod on the road and and and....

Aaaargh!

I'm enjoying it too much.

:D

Yep, the whole roadie style thing. Just stay away from the Rapha website...

"At first I started on the Campagnolo, then my friends asked me if I wanted something a little stronger...Rapha...of course I could give it up any time I wanted..."

"............in the end I was wandering the streets, inner tubes crosswise round my shoulders and a newspaper down the front of my shirt to keep the cold out...........muttering under my breath.....'Coppi was better than Anquetil'.........."

Be very very afraid.

Pre-90s road components are far more collectible than MTB stuff is so far.

It's not so easy to pick up bargains even though there's more of it around.

well, so far I have late '80s campag c.record mechs and deltas to build one nice bike when I find a nice frame.

Oh dear it is bad...onto Deltas already. :shock:

We may need to rush you into aversion therapy...visit your local Argos and buy a bike now...

I reckon it's cos road bits by their nature of use aren't subject to the extremes of stress and corrosion that mtb parts are, and also were more refined in function earlier- old Campagnolo bits look good, and work good, basically.

i feel the same, i love old racers and clubman style bikes, i just got this today, i got it off ebay for £50 bargain, brooks b17 saddle, campag gear mechs and levers, all works, a bit big for me, but then thats how they rode them, i come form the era of small frames , but my back these days preferes this type of set up, ;)

paul
konakilauea005-1.jpg

Back