Raleigh Ilkeston Reunion

well i hope that they do a better job than when they brought back the chopper -
or should i say the "chinese chopper" WITHOUT the oh-so-cool t bar shifter and "dangerous"
pillion passenger saddle!

WHY BOTHER?!

:roll:

Hi there
it's now a year later but wondered if there will be another Raleigh rerunion in 2014, if so I would love to attend if possible.
Thanks
Rob.

Is there to be another re-union then ??

If so I can post up this on a facebook page:

A heads up for anyone who owns and rides an Ilkeston built Raleigh road bike and is interested in attending a re-union!

The re-union which will be held on ***Saturday the 20th April*** 2014 at the Gardeners public house/Pub in Asworth / Ilkeston from about 12 noon onwards.

Come along and meet the men that made these wonderful machines.

No room for 'other types' of road bikes due to size of pub yard.

If you have one or more of these beautiful bikes please do come and have a chin wag about the good days! I'm sure it will be good.

***Could have a different date/time***

Hope you don't mind but I've nicked a few quotes from the above posts and may put them up on the facebook page which called '80's cycling Remembered'

Brilliant page for anyone who enjoyed their cycle racing in the 80's and is full of regular postings from past Pro's.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/80sCycling/

Here's mine no. 461

Don't comment on the cables they've been sorted :)

Maybe I'll come along with it, there must be some riding around there.

Attachments

• No 461.jpg
    No 461.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 411
bugloss":1xl3p0xx said:
Don't comment on the cables they've been sorted :)
Is that what they was mate! For some strange reason I thought they where 'downed power cables' from all this wind we are having lately :LOL:

Well, actually Ian I let the spiders spin webs in them so that I can catch crunchy nibbles when out and about. Beats packing a muesli bar.

My Ilkeston (I think) machine (originally it had white 105 aero levers, now proper Dia Compe 204 levers)
11271095643_840d3982f6_c.jpg

11271046614_4ac74fd160_z.jpg

Back