Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres:Continental Leader Pro and Ritchey Megabite
Tubes:

Saddle:
Seatpost:
Seatpost Binder:

Weight:

Very interested in the forthcoming build, never thought about tubing, could be a way of getting all them fats and kleins through customs at a reduced rate :p

I've made some progress, I'm torn on where to post this because the frame will certainly be post-1997 but the style and most components will be retro. Please let me know if I should move it.

I switched gears and am building a lugged frame based on 1992 Bridgestone MB geometry silver-brazed with Columbus heat treated chromoly. I had a nice, old fork crown kicking around but have never seen another like it, anybody else recognize it? I'm trying to maximize the head tube height by keeping the fork blades relatively short and the top tube sloped. I like the look of it and will make for a comfortable bar height.

Fantastic :D

Post everything, we're on tenterhooks over these types of projects. Besides some crit is required in design
Proper bike building :cool: Not just buy and fitting a 20 piece jigsaw together :LOL:

Nice to see some one with the old skills to build these steel frames and brave enough to take this type of project on , looks great looking forward to seeing more . :D

good work fella. looks like you are nailing it. BE patient when doing the rear end as getting it straight is key. more pics please

I have built a handful myself. http://levybikes.com/featured-bikes/ although i have never done a full lugger version like that, only a lugged bb and fork crown. Danson on this forum is also a frame build if you have any problems.

can wait to see the progress.

Pete

Back