Show us Ya Citrus Fruit! (Orange Content)

will get some pics of my prestige up, when i get some. just waiting on the stem, wrong one was deliverd. its not retro but i hope it will look the part.
full spec is :
08 frame
all black hope components inc brakes black levers and caliper caps :)
hope hoops with a sram cassete with red spider.
xtr shadow mech the rest is xt (due to cost lol)
fire xc pro tyres with red stripe.
and revelation duel air forks
thompson seatpsot and black sdg titanium saddle, easton carbon bars and yeti lock ons :)

will get some pics up when she's done

Arrrghhh Balls! Here's my stupidly tatty 1999 10th anniversary clockwork which I picked up for next to nothing.. This shouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm sure that I can't justify having two steel oranges and this one is the Orange that I always wanted back in the early 90's - an orange and white clockwork!!! ... I don't want to lose the P7 but I think I'm going to have to.. :shock: This sucker isn't even retro.. Arrrrgggh!!

Attachments

• Clockwork.jpg
    Clockwork.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 3,613
Dude, it's nine years old, (be 10 in 2009), it's orange-white, it's a limited edition (only ever 200) AND it's the very last of the proper Clockworks.

It's certainly a proper classic and I'd argue deffo retro too. :cool:

cherrybomb":1dqmniiu said:
Dude, it's nine years old, (be 10 in 2009), it's orange-white, it's a limited edition (only ever 200) AND it's the very last of the proper Clockworks.

It's certainly a proper classic and I'd argue deffo retro too. :cool:

Fair point well made... I'll refinish it, tidy it up... and then ride it like it was meant to be riden... :D

Were there really only 200 of these made? there's no mention of it in the catalogue.. I hope so though, that would be cool!

Attachments

• Clockwork10.jpg
    Clockwork10.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 3,581
Yup. They only did 200 in the orange - white paint scheme to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the clockwork as far as I'm aware which is as good a reason as any not to respray any of the '99 bikes if you can avoid it.

Mind you, having said that, there were surprisingly few of each frame made anyway in a lot of cases and most of them were never listed or marketed as limited editions.

Hi, here's my unused '94 Clockwork STX:

pbpic2199183.jpg

ebay bargains do exist

and here's my very well used Gringo:

pbpic2199391.jpg

That looks like same year Gringo as mine(pics a few pages back), is it an '03 by any chance?

What travel do those Fox's have? Orange recommend 100mm travel max on a Gringo frame.

all the parts came off my all mountain build Chameleon. The forks are Van 140 RLC, so too much for the frame. I have adjusted the preload so when I'm sat on it, it's quite a bit less travel.

It is an 03 frame, had the silver Manitou forks, V brakes etc.

The spec now is:

Fox Vanilla 140 RLC Forks
Truvativ Stylo Cranks
Hope M4 Brakes (180mm Rotors F&R)
SRAM X9 Shifters and Rear brake still has the original Front mech
Thomson Elite X4 Stem
Easton EA50 wide bars
Hope ProII Hubs, with Mavic XM321 rims

It was really reaching the end of it's life, but with the new parts it's a new bike that's a lot of fun!
Oh and I've just treated it to a new Hope headset :LOL:

Back