1988 Marin Palisades

i've got a matt grey and flouro yellow/green handlebar stem palisades. may go for a pastel blue like the Soma groove or mango.

if yo want to get new decals done, how do you go about that?

shame to lose the joe murray one

If it were me:

Get it laquered - do not touch the frame up any further unless you can get exact copies of the original decals.

doctor-bond":3n8yaef9 said:
The thing that sticks in my mind about marins of the era was the matt grey paint, which I still think is ubercool.
:)

I absolutely agree!

I wish I knew where to get that paint..it was called Zolatone, but the company only seem to make industrial splatter stuff these days. :cry:

legrandefromage":kn2d4kmp said:
If it were me:

Get it laquered - do not touch the frame up any further unless you can get exact copies of the original decals.

I also concur with legrandefromage, I think it looks greta as is, just replace anything broken and tidy up :cool:

Oh and a nice saddle like a rolls or a turbo and new bar ends.

rowley":3mlhnx5g said:
here is marin. not so fantastic.

does the frame justify the effort?

Had an '88 Palisades Trail myself.. And my surname is your username.. Bizarro..

I'd leave it as it is, it's in great condition for its age! :cool:

Spooky!

the paintwork is actually really badly chipped all over and has faded from a pillar box red to orange. i can understand keeping it original if it had a nice patina but it just looks like its a bit knackered.

i was thinking about getting it done a pastel turquoise with replca stickers and silver components.

If i wanted to upgrade cmponents what was the shimano xt model no of that era and what bar stem combo would be in keeping?

rowley":18z2r8e3 said:
Spooky!

the paintwork is actually really badly chipped all over and has faded from a pillar box red to orange. i can understand keeping it original if it had a nice patina but it just looks like its a bit knackered.

i was thinking about getting it done a pastel turquoise with replca stickers and silver components.

If i wanted to upgrade cmponents what was the shimano xt model no of that era and what bar stem combo would be in keeping?

I know it's your bike, and having resprayed bikes myself I'd struggle not to pull the Hypocrit card but.... I think I'd try and keep it original :twisted:

What shape is the Exage Trail gear in?

actually the chainset and rear and front mechs are cleaning up nicely. the brakes are a bit ropey though and i was thinking of changing to the deore shifters.

really needs new wheels though. whats the best bet there?

Latest posts

Back