Waste Collection farce

They should stop making cheap poor quality bikes too that people are happy to throw away! Make them buy something good that will last a lifetime, teach them how to maintain them as kids, give them cycle paths to ride safely on (and trail centres to ride like lunatics on) and publicly execute anyone that touches another man's wheels...

i got shouted at by two fat ladies having a fag outside their office yesterday after they shouted at me when I hopped onto the pavement for about 10 secs.

"It's not a cyclepath you know!!" was the abuse i got. I only hopped onto the path because a lorry totally didn't see me, or if he did just cut me up:evil: :evil: , and i would have been crushed if i had not taken emergency measures. I so wanted to go back and give them a piece of my mind but didn't bother they wouldn't understand. :roll:

South Bound":hb00efj6 said:
They should stop making cheap poor quality bikes too that people are happy to throw away! Make them buy something good that will last a lifetime, teach them how to maintain them as kids, give them cycle paths to ride safely on (and trail centres to ride like lunatics on) and publicly execute anyone that touches another man's wheels...

Cheap bikes put kids off cycling as they are heavy and fall apart after a few months where halfords don't bother to tell the customer to come back so they can tighten all the bits that have loosened since the purchase.

I live in the centre of town in a Victorian town house. We have a front garden (for want of a better word) the width of the house and about 4ft deep.

The only way through to our back garden (courtyard the width of the house and about 20ft long the same as ALL the others). is through the house.

We used to have to find space for just one HUGE wheelie bin that was collected weekly, now we have two, AND two recycling boxes which are collected every two weeks on alternate weeks.! The second wheelie bin is for garden rubbish only.......for the irony of this see above. :?

That's not the best bit though.
They can't get their truck down our road so we have to take all this crap down the street and leave it on the corner for them to collect. Which, if not bad enough, means that if your not there on the right day to do it, you don't get the bin emptied for a MONTH! You can imagine the flies at this time of year. :?

Now they want to weigh it. I suppose I'm gonna have to do that for them too and bloody pay for the privilege, it's taking the piss. :roll:

Oh, and they don't recycle plastics......what the f@@K!! :shock: :evil:

psyclone1976":3cs7k1k5 said:
I've a good mind to start getting rid of the unnecessary packaging at the supermarket doors. they have bins outside the supermarket or i could just start throwing it on the floor to make a point to the supermarkets that they need to take the lead in reducing the amount of rubbish we throw away.

That idea is pure class. I mean it. Surely if enough people do that, they will start to take notice.

I live with my brother. Just the two of us. And we now produce at least twice as much rubbish as our whole family of five used to do back in the day. It is absolutley disgraceful and makes me feel guilty and ashamed. I try to do my bit by reusing and recycling but it is nowhere near enough.....

Back