94 Kilauea, started building today!

kase1983":3i3b8a23 said:
for the rare reason you ever need to sell dude,let me know..

either way enjoy and have fun, :D

No worries mate, you will be the first person I contact if I do, we do have our first baby on the way so who knows!

Trevor.

Quick update re parts for SS Project, let me know what you think.

I have decided to go with White Industries ENO cranks and not Middleburns, basically because they are going to work out cheaper (£95 delivered from the states) and unlike middleburn UNO's there is a greater choice of chainring sizes. I have also got some V brakes for it, XT M739 brakes and levers and today I have sourced a NOS XT UN-72 Bottom Bracket. Probably going to go for a Powerplay or On One Doofer tensioner because they will match the Ringle skewers I have and I prefer the more minimilist look compared to the singulator.

What do you think?

Trevor.

Carl, he was only selling silver, so silver. Love the Rohloff tensioner, what about chainline adjustement though, doesn't mention it? I dont have a lockring spanner, can you recommend one?

Trevor.

Paul components Melvin tensioner is up there with the rolf for looks.

Thorpie":32fxmq9x said:
Carl, he was only selling silver, so silver. Love the Rohloff tensioner, what about chainline adjustement though, doesn't mention it? I dont have a lockring spanner, can you recommend one?

Trevor.

Good point, I've never had one, just like the look of them.
Their website says...well....this is it
http://tinyurl.com/5nshru
I got my spanner from
http://tinyurl.com/5nq8kg
Not a perfect fit, but good enough...top guys as well, fast post.
If you fancy the Rohloff, have a word with Tartybikes, very friendly and knowledgeable.
looking forward to seeing the final build, and your first accounts of SS'ing.
Cheers, Carl

Started building up the single speed project today. Just waiting on an XTR BB, White Industries ENO cranks and a chain tensioner then I can complete. It's starting to look good and I cant wait to try it!

Trevor.

Attachments

• Picture 004 (Small).jpg
    Picture 004 (Small).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 725
  • Picture 003 (Small).jpg
    Picture 003 (Small).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 725
  • Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 725
  • Picture 001 (Small).jpg