Retro Skateboard - 87 Santa Cruz Jeff Grosso

Wow, just came across thos thread, love skateboards.
It made me remember one of the best skateboards i ever owned back in the day.

Deck: Powell Peralta
Wheels: Dogtown
Trucks: Independent
Cellblocks: Santa Cruz

Bearings and Griptape i dont remember.

This takes me back to the late 80's early 90's reading RAD magazine!

Love the SC, Powell and Vision decks!

Anybody want to trade their Vintage Mtn bike stuff for my vintage survivor skateboad junk from the 70's let me know. Think, Kryponics foam core, GS Fiberflex, Santa Cuz, Krypto wheels etc......No silly offers but equal value for equal value, could be a win win for all.
Shoot me a PM.

Nope :oops: :LOL:

I was away for December and then came back straight into Christmas - I should have finished the Airborne over Christmas, but couldnt even manage that :-(

Skateboard will be continued in summer - when I can spray / sand outdoors :D

WD :D

When I started skating in about 87, it was mainly hill bombing, so fast wheels were crucial. I dusted down some of my old ones recently. L-R Logan Park Rider 5's, Kryptonic 70mm greens, NOS Vulconic 3's (Vulcan factory was a couple of miles from where I live) OJ's & Big Red Kryptonic 70mm's, still probably one of the fastest wheels ever made.

wheels_zps4069dd48.jpg

I know this is a rebuild thread rather than a show us your skateboards thread but any excuse to give it a bump :D

Not at all retro but a brand new deck by US artist Andy Katz, inspired by MCA of the Beastie Boys. It will go well with the rest of my collection.

Cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce..........

Back