M900 madness

LTS Biker

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yesterday I looked up the price of a M900 derailleur. It was 170 Germen Mark. n ebay they are bidding on a aprox 13 year old derailleur 171 Euro. :shock:
Is that madness??

Yup.

e-bay is great for certain stuff, but the market for old bike bits (and that IS all that they are folks) is getting silly.

Daft isn't it? One of the main reasons I got into the retro thing was that you can buy top-of-the-line kit for bobbins. Still, for someone who lusts after great engineering like me I've no ( purist ) qualms about fancying M950 kit ( me Bontrager's drenched in it ) which still costs bobbins.:LOL:

LTS Biker":1w11qwrh said:
Sold!!
235 Euro for the rear mech!!! :shock:

At least it makes me feel better amount the m900 rear derailluer I bought NOS 2 months ago in the U.S. No where near that amount and I thought I spent too much.

LTS Biker":312fuyng said:
May I ask what you paid for it?
All the other XTR M900/M910's went for very much.

I paid $175 US, which I believe to be around 138 Euro's. One of those weak moments with my re-build when I just had to have it. :oops: I actually don't remember spending that much for it and was surprised after I looked it up. :shock: I guess I am part of the problem with prices, but I am officially finished with my re-build, so maybe prices can drop now. :p

Back