kona cinder cone frame.

Russell":3mkgyfzv said:
not wishing to hijack a thread and open up a can of worms again, but I think that secretly there's a few of us. Definately a topic for debate over a few beers :)

As for Orange... One of my bikes was an Orange Prestige, supposedly designed in the UK by British engineers for British conditions. My over-riding memory of that bike was the fact that every winter it got so clogged up with mud that the wheels wouldn't turn, go figure!!

Of course there are! We've all been through this before. It's no secret that people have different tastes. Live and let live eh?

The Orange? More detail required before I'd comment on that but certain conditions will stop any wheel turning regardless of what frame they're in.

:)

Absolutely... All bikes are ace, and if everyone had the same taste there wouldn't be enough to go round and they'd all be really expensive.

The Orange clogged up more than most other bikes I have ridden in the same conditions/mud and my riding partners bikes weren't clogged up at the time. I know that tyre choice could also have something to do with it but I just remember thinking at the time that for a UK bike, it wasn't really that useful.

I'm just glad none of you boys will be bidding against me .. :LOL:

Was just wondering what to do with the project twos in the shed and along came this post !

Russel,
reading the thread ( for once ) made me think ( ditto ). How come Oranges had crap mud clearance yet me Bontrager ( designed by a Californian for Californians to ride in California's dry climate and dusty terrain ) has got BAGS of clearance? Daft, go figure.

yeah, its odd. After my Orange, I got a Zaskar, designed and built in California, by Californians, not a place known for its mud. Clearance has NEVER been an issue.

It hurts me to say this, but I think that in the past some brands have relied a little too much on their 'British' heritage and not enough on practical design or strong engineering. Take Pace's reliability issues with their forks for example, but thats another thread.

I'm a convert

Back in the day I rode Dyna Tech Ti on and off road.
Bought an orange almost by accident (tho lusted after a black Prestige when I was at school) and really love it, also got given a Kona (used to HATE them, if only for their popularity, and love that too!

Bikes are very immotive, I knew prople who hated Kleins and loved diamond backs (that is an extreme view point :LOL: )

As long as it's not a engineless motorcycle I'm up for it!

Back