Marin 'Team Marin'

Kev, Will give a full spec rundown when I get it! Don't have it in my hot little hands just yet.

Edit... first thoughts are where can I find decals?

I saw that on ebay, but it was too small for me so I didn't bother bidding - good pick up for $140.

The first MTB i rode was a mate's Marin - very soon afterwards I bought my Diamond Back.

Enjoy.

OK,

Here are the main parts. Seems a lot less original than I first thought:

Cranks: MT80
Pedals: DX M650
Front D: DX M660
Rear D: XT M735
Lever/Shifter: XT M095
Front hub/rim: XT M730/Mavic M231
Rear hub/rim: Joytech/Axelrims DM18
Headset: Ritchey Lodgic

Everything else is just a hotch-potch of pretty ordinary and used parts.

From what I can tell the ONLY originals (based on the 93 catalogue) are the front wheel, rear der, headset (maybe) and shifters/levers.

Given the very large list of parts required to get this back to original condition, I'm now swaying towards, restoring the frame/fork, storing all the original parts and building it up as a SS with modern components. Just seems I'll get a more practical use out of the bike that way without taking away the possibility of a proper restore in the future.

Aaron.

I've also got a Team which I've owned since new. I need to dig out the receipt to find out the exact year but I think it's 95.

The team came with all XT equipment if I recall correctly - mine is as original apart from the forks (I put RC35's on when I bought it so I still have the original forks somewhere in mint condition as they were never ridden on). Wheels were replaced recently and saddle went ages ago. I put SPDs on and forget what the originals were.

Stem, bars and seatpost were Marin Lite as were the tyres (which I still have somewhere - sad eh)

The Team Titanium was exactly the same but with XTR instead of XT.

I'm still on the original BB which needs changing - finding a LBS with a tool thats prepared to do it for me is a challenge so any pointers would be helpful.

I'll post pics when I get time if there is interest.

Cheers

Dave

Post away dave... Plenty of interest here!

The guy I bought it off thought it was a 95... but it is an exact match to the 93 catalogue so I assumed that was that.

I mentioned a 96 Hawk Hill I got in orgi condition. I totally forgot it had all Marin Lite parts (including almost new tires)... so I might transfer them across to this one sinse its missing most parts. Won't be orig.... but will be closer than now!

Aaron.

Here is my Team in MM setup with Crud catchers and AyUps.

Most of it's original apart from wheels, saddle and the RC35's of course.

The BB has some play in it and I was looking to get it replaced but can't seem to find a LBS that has a tool to remove it. It still rides well and I didn't notice it so I might just leave it be. God knows how many 000's of miles it's done and I'm not gentle with it.

Dave

Attachments

• Team Marin.jpg
    Team Marin.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,478
Back