New hardtail...Cotic BFe

Yeah, 20mm 2007 spec Marzocchi gold! Great stuff. Christmas list!

Yeah I put vans waffle on my fixed SS Genesis and they are tad harsh even under gloves! They look so good though! Hmm something a tad thinner than the mushroom Odis would do great I think, but not super thin.

Are you looking after my forks for me? :LOL:

The Vans grips look ace and feel nice until you but them on a bike! The jury is still out on them as far as I'm concerned...they do look bad ass though.

I think I finally have a bike that is pretty much finished with no changes planned! Since my last update I've fitted my Atlas AM cranks which do feel stiffer than the Deus XC ones the replaced. I've also replaced my bent Blackspire chainring with a BETD one which is amazing quality especially for eighteen quid.

I've really gelled with the BFe over the last few weeks too; I've always liked it but have sometimes struggled with it but I don't know why. But I'm feeling really confident on it at the mo and did the bigger drop on a run of three (its bigger than it looks in the pics honest!).

I instantly felt at home on the Lopes 4X but this has taken a bit of riding to get used to it...but it's flying now! I think that the little tweaks that I've made have improved it; the forks are stiffer, the lighter wheels make it more spritely and the cranks sturdier.

kLwSjV1.jpg

xwtTPUa.jpg

V6Zvu0e.jpg

The only things to change are the skewers for two black Hope ones, but oth than that it's all done until something breaks. The rear wheel needs truing though as its picked up a fair old buckle....oops.

Due to the Rube being out of action until a new front brake arrives, I decided that I would / could ride the BFe around Cannock this afternoon! I was desperate to get out and ride.

I loved and hated every minute of it at the same time. Being so small, I had to stand up everywhere which made my knees feel like they were going to explode, but it felt so nimble compare to the Rube (although much slower). The downhill sections were fun, but anything flat or uphill was horrible.

mlweXIp.png

0DP3BxL.png

Whilst the BFe may be good fun on a BMX track or at the local jumps, as it stands it sucks for anything else. It did make me realise how much I like hardtails though so I am thinking about selling this frame and getting a bigger one so that it's more versatile. It also made me realise how fast and efficient the Rune is through the rough stuff, even with me riding it!

Interesting update. I think on local blast they are great but out on a mini adventure you can curse choices! I do it every ride! Next build is the Omen which is same scale as this! Doh! Would you go all way to a medium or keep didi with a small?

Edit: my mate bought a small green one in an xc/am build I only rode it up the street in the snow. I was blown away by lightness so smaller frame wasn't as noticeable. Medium is a decent fit though.

I'm not sure to be honest, I my just go to a small but a medium would let me use it for trail riding too. It did make my usual trails feel a lot more fun. Hmmmm.

I'd like to stick with Cotic though because I did like the way it rode.

Good to see some 20mm forks on there as I think that was the only thing I would have changed when I saw the original pics...just gives it that extra bit of strength/rigidity where it's needed. Really like this build, was contemplating a Bfe myself but geo was more suited for long travel fork and I was after something more 4x/jump orientated. Bet it's a real 'Orange eater' on the downhills :)

What sort of chain device is that on there, looks very neat....does it work well?

Back