1992? Pace RC200 F2

Rich

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Hi Guys

Great site you have here, thought I'd post a piccie of my Pace which I've had for 6 months, and I'm loving it. Previous to this I owned a '96 Kona Hei hei, '91 Trek 8500, '91 Trek 970 and an '89 Orange Deore Clockwork.

Cheers

Rich

Attachments

• for gallery.JPG
    for gallery.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 4,528
Hi Mate,

Yep, certainly is, another ebay special, btw, love your RC100...drool worthy!!!

Rich

Nice ride, cool colour :cool:

Not sure as I've seen one like that before, is it 'more green' in the flesh.

DA rear mech looks smotth also. Do you get much travel out of your forks? They look rather compressed :?:

Hi Rutty,

Yep, mustard yellow...not too sure if it was standard aluminium originally but it was this colour when I bought it...kinda like it. The forks I suspect could do with new elastomers, but at the mo I'm getting about 30mm out of them...rear mech is a Dura Ace 10 speed special, have no idea why I bought it...I was after a mavic one...oh well.

Whole bike is great and works really well...eventually want to get all euro parts on it, but that's something for the future.

Will try and get some pics on here of my other bikes, but my website has a few retro bits on it that I rattled together over the last 10 or so years.

Cheers

Rich

Nice and clean!!

Pace is still on my 'must own' list.

Is that a Mavic headset too? Pretty rare.
Did the early 200s still have the offset rear triangle?

gump":21rkh0s6 said:
Is that a Mavic headset too? Pretty rare.
Did the early 200s still have the offset rear triangle?

Hi Gump,

Mavic 314headset I think..we had to contact Pace to get spares for it, and luckily they managed to cobble together enough to fix it...it's also got a mavic front mech which is great....I'd love to get hold of a set of Mavic Paris Dakar wheels...now they're old skool ;)

My Pace hasn't got the offset rear triangle...but perhaps the F1 did...I was hoping to get a geneology of Pace bikes from 1988 - 2005, but Pace weren't so helpful..guess they're too busy :D

Rich

The Paces breath a kind good old craftmanship I am more fimiliar with steelbikes.

Luv this one too!

In Holland they were about the price as an Yo Eddy frame around mid nineties. Maybe a bit less.

Pace is on my list too. Despite Jezza's assertion 'they are always on the 'bay' I've not seen a decent old one for an age.

Mavic headsets and kit in genral is the money. I've had a couple of headsets on various bikes.

A history of Pace bikes would be interesting to see.

I generally prefer a steel ride over alu, but like Elev says the Pace have that certain something. IIRC the F2 frame retailed around the £800 mark, the Yo was around £1100.

it's hip to be square*

* an old PACE T-shirt slogan -maybe one to add to the front page list?

Like it :D MAVIC front mechs (looks like one) + Royce BBs were also spec'd as OEM with the framesets. Had alwys condidered them as 'honourable steel' too. never rode them tho'. -had everything but the framset (way out of my price range back in the day!)

Had a Paris Dakar wheelset, PACE made a point of using MAVIC skewers with their RC50 hubs too. The headsets were the one of the best designs going.

Back