Merlin Racing Cycle - newly painted pics in!

That's a couple of gorgeous looking frames you've got there Joe. Very sweet indeed. I love the pea green Grubb.

Looking forward to seeing the builds.

Here is some pics of the Merlin partly built up:
DSC00765.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00764.jpg

Should be finished pretty soon, buty I have come to realise it is too small for me :([/img]

joe1983":15yi3l3s said:
Should be finished pretty soon, buty I have come to realise it is too small for me :(

I hate that - sold so many nice road bikes because they were simply too small...

Yep I know, I love it but just isn't right. I'm a recent convert from mtb's and bought this assuming a 56 should fit (5'11'') but have since realised I much prefer a 58/59

Nearly finished my Merlin, thwarted by the ******* brake cable outer not being long enough to do two brakes so thats another £25 to Jagwire. Also waiting on a honey Brooks B17 special with copper rails, and to decide whether I want Brooks honey straps or red ones.

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00908.jpg
[/img]

Just wondering if you finished the build? I'm sorry that the respray meant losing the chrome. And they added some ghastly lug stripes. I would NOT have accepted that. They are just NOT of the quality I would expect from them. The stripes on my Merlin are thin & perfect. I DO really like the color scheme of cream & red. Did you keep it, or no??
Dr. D

Latest posts

Back