Surly Pugsley

There was a guy (Yo Grant on STW) who rode a Pugsley ss at last years MM, I chatted to him for a while. Looks a good fun bike but really expensive to build (I seem to remember the tyres being a startling price, even compared to white Porcs) and not really that practical for the majority of the time (unless you happen to ride on sand or snow a lot of course).

Come to think of it, didn't Jez buy his from Grant?

ededwards":5dortcy2 said:
There was a guy (Yo Grant on STW) who rode a Pugsley ss at last years MM, I chatted to him for a while. Looks a good fun bike but really expensive to build (I seem to remember the tyres being a startling price, even compared to white Porcs) and not really that practical for the majority of the time (unless you happen to ride on sand or snow a lot of course).

Come to think of it, didn't Jez buy his from Grant?

Yep that's the guy and yeah, Jez did buy it (got a bargain too....).

To build new you are way into 4 figures as its bespoke rims, tyres and bottom bracket to fit that big boy frame. Beyond that you can fit canti's or Maguras and don't HAVE to put discs on.
I'm really into the idea but appreciate its limitations....

Agency_Scum":1chjb1hu said:
I've ridden a Pugsley. I ride a Karate Monkey. I now want a Pugsley.

What's the ride like mate? How does it handle etc.

I normally ride Rowney Warren which is very sandy and a mix of Singletrack, hills and fire roads and thought it'd be cool there.

You know you're ( a little ) slower but when you come to mud, sand and snow SAY GOODBYE to your mates as you leave them far behind. Absolutely comfortable ride which gets more comfy when you get brave enough to let out EVEN MORE air. Full suspension without the faff of spring-rates, rebound adjustment and leaking seals.
Imagine if a retrobiker had designed a full-susser....there you are.

ps. if you decide " yes " then take the wrongness to the max and fit thumbies!

Back