Is the FIA biaised against McClaren?

I liked it. No I just think Mac are not as good as they were. And Lewis H is overrated. I'm rooting for the Toyota team. Got a 3rd :D

tintin40":1ww0tswu said:
I liked it. No I just think Mac are not as good as they were. And Lewis H is overrated. I'm rooting for the Toyota team. Got a 3rd :D

I'm not really pro one team or another...I'd like to see both Kubica and LH do well this year. I'm no expert or F1 historian, but somewhere in the back of my mind I have vague memories of Ferrari enjoying FIA rulings...didn't we have the same thing when Renault was in contention... :?: :?:

Mostly those rulings have been pro-Ferrari or better yet, pro-Schumacher.

Remember the barge board controversy in Malaysia 1999 ? FIA changed the rules so that Ferraris would not be disqualified and postponed the championship decision in the last race (luckily Häkkinen won).

In 2000 FIA had approved McLaren's new gearbox and with it Häkkinen was flying in Spa for example (remember his overtake of Schumi and B.A.R. car at the same time?). After that race FIA banned the gearbox and McLaren's race pace was cut down making Schumi win the last races and the championship. Nice.

And Schumi did escape many harsh moves without any penalties whereas any other driver would have been penalised.

Archangel":1hohi09d said:
Mostly those rulings have been pro-Ferrari or better yet, pro-Schumacher.

And Schumi did escape many harsh moves without any penalties whereas any other driver would have been penalised.

So true. He also know the rule book :twisted: :twisted: Never forgave him for hitting Hill off in Aus as he went to go past . :twisted:

FIA (Dirty Max particulary) have had it in for Ron Dennis for years. It goes way back to the Brabham Alfa days and little Bernie, the whole FISA/FOCA wars in the seventies. A lot of bad blood between them.
Ferrari have always had a big influence as the oldest team in F1, especially when the old man was at the helm.
One wonders when the persecution of Rons boys will end. Massive fine last year for bringing the sport into disrepute (so dressing as hitler and being whipped isn't eh Max??) was a farce.
S

Latest posts

Back