Modern brake levers for classic road bike?

leelovesbikestoo

Old School Hero
I'm replacing the old deep drops on my vintage Claud Butler for something a bit more comfortable, maybe the Nitto Noodle.

I'd also like to upgrade the levers too, to ones that sit higher on the drop curve. This is what I currently have:
1459095_10152142131798619_114411075_n.jpg

And this is the setup I'd like:
1501778_10153651990490241_1476967351_n.jpg

Can anyone help me find a pair of ergonomic brake-only levers/hoods that don't cost the earth?

look for tektro and/or cane creek, they're about the only ones that make something like thar I think. maybe velo-orange too.

Cheers guys. I've never bought road levers before, do the clamp angles vary to enable fitting higher up the drops? Some of the cheaper/more basic ones I've found online look like the clamp is perpendicular to the lever blade.

You can put any lever in any position. The clamp angles don't vary enough to make a significant difference.
You just loosen it off and slide it to where you want it. Then redo the bar tape.

The shape of the hood is another matter altogether!

Shimano do the Ultegra R600 levers which look a little more traditional
Available at CRC for £39.99

r600_levers.jpg

foz":mvik0eh4 said:
look for tektro and/or cane creek, they're about the only ones that make something like thar I think. maybe velo-orange too.

+1 .... although I think Cane Creek are basically Tektro. There's some from Dia-Compe too, but they don't look unlike what you have already.

Back