Cantilevers for my pace rc200

Not sure if your question was directed at me bullporker, but as my rc35 is sat one the front of a '94 'dale I'm not best qualified to help. For reference I use the frame canti bosses with the standard magura mounts and brake booster to give me a q/r on the rear wheel.

Been a while since I replied to this, thanks to peoples suggestions to get in contact with time. I spoke to hike and he sorted out a rear rocker for me (nice bit of kit too) I've found that Paul components do a headset spacer with a built in cable guide so I think that could work.
So I thinks I'm toning down the cantilevers route now, but I cannot decide on what brakes to use??
I would like something a bit exotic maybe with nice machining? But I don't know where to start or even what brands to search for??

Tektro make rear cable stop for canti's that will mount on the bolt you have on the rear stays. Tektro also make steerer tube mounted cable stops which are normally used on CX bikes. I have used one of those cable hangers on my trek.

type Tektro cable stop into ebay and you will see what I mean.

You can't use a headset /headtube mounted cable stop with suspension forks, it has to be on the arch of the fork.

You may be able to drill the existing arch and fit a rocker, but you're probably best sticking with V brakes or going down the Magura route.

I forgot they were suspension forks. For some reason I had rigid forks in my head! I should read the thread more carfully. V's it is then.

Looking at the forks again the tops of the legs look pretty much identical to the earlier version with tapered lower legs, I reckon that if they are the braces off an earlier RC36 would fit which would mean you could probably get ones that take a rocker.

I bet you could find a way to make it work; speak to Tim at Fork English- he'll be able to tell you (and may well have the bits you'll need)

I hadn't even thought of that, but now that it has been said it makes sense I can't use a headset cable stop with suspension, I will give tim a shout and see if he has any ideas, if not it maybe a case of changing the forks or going with magura's, but ideally I'd like to use canti's as I've never had them on a bike before, that's why I'm not to sure of what ones to go for or even what is available, I know of shimano but if fancy something a bit more exotic, with nice machining or very mechanical looking. What suggestions have you got?

Nope that wouldnt work, since the distance between the canti studs and the device you linked varies depending on compression. You need to mount to the fork lowers.

Also since you have an early RC200, I would personally be looking at a set of RC35 AB's. More period correct, shorter travel and ideal for canti brakes if that is your chosen path.

EDIT: oops that was in reply to the bricklane bikes link thread.

It may well have to come to rc35's shame because I really like the 36's even though they are not period correct, and I've just completely rebuilt them. But I do really want to use canti's.
I've stumbled across machine tech ones, what do people think of these? Any good? Any more info on them? Years? British built or American? Colours?
Oh and a merry Christmas to all and thanks for everyone's help since I joined this great forum :xmas-big-grin:

Latest posts

Back