Rock Lobster Expert 1994

I'm glad I didn't get rid of it! Rides really nice and is very comfortable. I had it rigid when I first built it with P2's. Just got to dial in the Judys for it to be perfect.

I wouldn't mind buying another if they came up. Which they do occasionally. Let me know when you get it going, be interesting to see how you shape it. I went for an understated '94 XT...

claret73":ca6cg4kd said:
I'm glad I didn't get rid of it! Rides really nice and is very comfortable. I had it rigid when I first built it with P2's. Just got to dial in the Judys for it to be perfect.

I wouldn't mind buying another if they came up. Which they do occasionally. Let me know when you get it going, be interesting to see how you shape it. I went for an understated '94 XT...

I've got some bits and bobs XT thumbies XT 735 rear mech on route from the states. I was going to do either or repaint by Bob Jackson in Baby Blue with Orange Ano for the Gulf theme. Alternatively build the same as the NTI test model in mountain bike action, so new Royal Blue paint and transfers from Gil....However 1" ahead Quadras seem impossible to get hold of as do a matching set of Pulstar hubs/wheels and a Salsa 1" ahead stem! Might just be my own interpretation!!

I have exactly his frame in the dark green I think I built it in 1995 bought mail order from the uk outlet before merlin cycles....can't remember who.....anyway it needs a birthday now and seeing our passion has re kindled my desire to ride it again! Quadra 21r's need new springs, Mavic 217 rims now pulled through the eyelets, but paint and componentry mostly LX/XT still mint!
I'm in New Zealand, by the way, and other lobsters over here? I've never seen another one!
Ben

I've not seen Andy on here for a while.
I know that he was really busy with a new job so I doubt he's had much time for here (or riding that lovely lobster!)

Back