1994 Kona Cinder Cone, 1 owner from new.

bathyena

Retro Newbie
Hi to everybody.
My 1994 Kona cinder cone.
Got it new, should have been copper/orange colour but this one arrived instead.
I was told it's unique in the UK, has anyone else seen one this colour?

Attachments

• Image903.jpg
    Image903.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Image903.jpg
    Image903.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,789
nice bike,

not sure about the stem , there is one in that colour already on this forum,

welcome to retrobike fella

nice bike (the DCD makes it :) ) And yes there is a frame the same as that up for sale at the mo on here/ebay.

Personally I'd swap the blue post and the stem out for something a little more in keeping.

Nice bike and very tidy.

Must say though, to get it looking 100%, the seatpost needs to go and be replaced by a nice silver example, as does the stem.

Is it the angle of the photo, or is it sporting a REALLY wide bar??? :shock:

I built it from a frameset when I was 15 earning £45 a week, it took 9 months before I first rode it!! The blue USE seatpost has been there since day 1 and I'd never change it, but I'm open to suggestions for a nice period short stem, do I remember a short Syncros? The bars are 26" Azonic single walls with 2" rise. DCD'S RULE :D

I share the views about the blue post, but it is a USE after all, and if it's a fixture, why not at least balance it out with a few more blue USE products? Spin Stix are excellent skewers and come in blue, and USE do a nice headset adjuster and top cap to replace the star-fangled nut, also in blue.

hail use !!

keep the use post get some use bars too old use is wonderfull kit i love it ...works well light and looks fantastic with the best logo ever for cycle gear !! i have use posts and bars on my two cinder cones nice ride sir

Nice. Ironically despite all the pleas above to modify the stem / bars etc for something more in keeping the two lads I knew who rode Konas BITD had them set up exactly like this as the Kona geometry made them great bikes for throwing around.

Back