Cannondale Red Shred Progress

Does aryone know what length bb axle I should use for this set up? I've never been sure how to work it out..... is it just crank dependant (i.e. low profile or not), or does the frame have any bearing on it?

Whaouh !!!! nice project… ! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
For the fork, a steel tange (or ritchey) would be better than the pepperoni, in my opinion. More confortable, but the difference between the very big diagonal tube of the 3.0 frame and the small fork looked great !!!!
Black components, is a good idea !!!…

Thanks mate, I have the original fork, in almost original condition.....

P1020729.jpg

I just don't really like the look of it i'm afraid....... The pepperoni is on the way from the u.s. and will need respraying too so maybe I will build the bike with the skinny fork first and see what it looks like............ I just think it looks too skinny against the fat tubes, plus it weighs more than the frame! I'm going for all black parts, need a black answer hyperlite, black ringle moby post and a turbo saddle and i'm nearly there! p.s. how is your EST build going?

Fenton":sdatqrjg said:
Thanks mate! so happy with the frame by the way, It had obvoiusly been looked after!

assuming this is the frame you brought from Al , i actually met the original owner of this frame, iwas going to buy it from him, and i can confirm when he had it built up, it was immaculate !! he had hardly ever ridden it ! . i should have brought it :) . nice frame, those black bits are going to look good with the black decals.
cheers andy

Thanks guys, Yes Andy, bought this frame from al, wasn't sure whether or not to go for it at first as I had no photos from al to determine the condition....... when it turned up i couldn't believe it! it is nearly 20 years old and apart from a coule of minor chips its as new!!! can't wait to get it built up.... rims are a bit of a sticking point at the moment, sure i'll get some sorted soon though!

Hi,

Whats the issue with rims?

Also i have the un 71 bb that came out of the frame! And its almost brand new.

Give me a shout if you want it?

Cheers,Al

Thanks al! Not sure what BB length I need for the cooks cranks.......... perhaps you know? If the original one is suitable then let me know how much you want for it and i'll send some cash through! Rims are not really a problem, I think i'm just a bit fussy about what I want! Found some nos black campagnolo ateks in 36h but ended up with 32h ringle hubs so i've moved them on! so i'm looking for some 32h mavics or campags in black! I've been offered a few different sets but they seem to have machined sidewalls, which i'm not too keen on!

Back